jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Share a little known musical gem

1. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I really wanted to share the song I am listening to just now. I don't imagine that it is well known as it's not made the charts and I doubt its been picked up by radio stations. It's on a little known tori amos album. The song is Zero Point and should you want to listen you can listen off the net here
    http://blip.fm/profile/theticklebug/bli … Zero+Point

"I got my  honey on a Lemon on me, I gotta ride it to the Infantry....I gotta a diesel thing in me somthin honey you ain't never seen" Such emotion!

I would love to get some recommendations for other rare musical gems and if possible a way to have a listen smile

1. Neil Sperling profile image88
      Neil Sperlingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you asking us to share a musical gem? Check out "the JOYS" ... singing "trying to try"

This up and coming Rock group "The Joys" sing "Trying to Try"
      An inspirational uplifting song with words to give you a boost.
      Sarah Smith sings Melissa Etheridge Style. The Joys are A Great Rock band!

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
        wavegirl22posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Neil - wow thanks for that one! Totally love it

2. 0
    sophsposted 6 years ago

The Arctic Monkeys!
    Paloma Faith
    The Kooks!
    kate voegele (she's probably well known in other places but not here in the U.K.)

3. TheGlassSpider profile image81
    TheGlassSpiderposted 6 years ago

Gotta love Tori.

If you're into hard rock/metal, industrial, or electronic music check a guy called PIG (aka Raymond Watts). I don't know of any links to his music...Last time I checked he was SUPER underground. But you can sometimes find his albums online. Arbor Vitate is a great album...Wrecked and (I think it's called) Red, Raw, and Sore are also great. I can't believe this guy's not HUGE.

4. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I just stumbled onto a new gem! I was looking for a site to stream the song 'the burning times' by Rumors of The Big Wave and the site I was on said it was unavailable sad In the corner was an oddly tittled 'haunted hall' by Rainbow Arabia (?) saying it was a free download so I figured perhaps it would be for my husband who likes really out there stuff. Man was it beautiful! I do hope that the free download gets brownie points for the artist cause they deserve it!
    http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/window/ … 04,00.html

5. blue dog profile image79
    blue dogposted 6 years ago
  6. wyanjen profile image86
    wyanjenposted 6 years ago

Detroit's own:
    Howling Diablos

Here they are live at St. Andrew's

(I'm a high high hippie hippie, yes I am)

I usually only listen to hard rock, but I love the Diablos. Kid Rock steps in with them some times, it's too much fun!! big_smile

7. cheaptrick profile image76
    cheaptrickposted 6 years ago

David Byrne and Brian Eno:My Life in the Bush of Ghosts:Track 3: The Jezebel Spirit...Track 4: Radical Black Preacher...Track 5: America is Waiting for an Answer of Some Sort or Another.

8. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago