jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

TRON IS GETTING A TV SERIES GEARED FOR KIDS!!!!

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 7 years ago

You heard me right.  In apparent attempt to market it's upcoming long awaited sequel to the cult classic film, "Tron", Disney has plans to release a animated series based on the movie geared towards children ages 6 to 14,  on Disney XD channel.  I just wanted to post it on forums to get what you all have to say about this.

2. profile image0
    Justine76posted 7 years ago

I dont know......how I feel about this. I bet its going to suck...you just cant go and DO that after all this time? but maybe it will be cool? Im going to have to watch it anyway, but I have reservations.

3. Ohma profile image73
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

I love good sci fi but I honestly thought the movie was really bad even back when it first came out so I can't imagine the spin off to be any better.

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 7 years ago in reply to this

and for kids?

Stevennix2001posted 7 years ago in reply to this

yep, but hey it's disney we're talking about ladies.  you have to remember they're ran by a bunch of greedy corporate bastards.  lollollol

1. profile image0

lol I saw the little mermaid before disney.

4. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 7 years ago

oh well. i guess whatever helps them sell tickets i guess.  however, what baffles me is, that according to imdb.com, the sequel is supposed to be very dark and violent. yet they're going to make a spin off cartoon show that's geared towards kids afterwards.  I mean, i just don't see how that can possibly work if you ask me.

1. profile image0

if they are going to market it with mcdonalds ....its got to be pg13 at worst.

When I worked at mcky d's they had exclusive rights to disney BS.
      in order to allow the crap to be in happy meals it had to be rated no more then pg13. even if it had sex, violence and all that, it got its rating for marketing purposes.
      thngs could have changed, but I doubt it.

Stevennix2001posted 7 years ago in reply to this

hmmm...you do make a valid point there. i had no idea mcdonald's had that kind of agreement with disney.  however, it does make a  lot of sense now that you mention it.

1. profile image0

I hav eno idea if it still exists, but, it used too.

5. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 7 years ago

I couldn't make it through the original movie...it sucked sooooo bad...Now they make a new movie and a kids show too??

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I got up and left the theater during the movie, Baaaaaaaad doesn't begin to describe it!

working