jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Does anyone follow the critics?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image84
    Stevennix2001posted 7 years ago

I know I do, but it seems with recent movies like "Twilight" and the "Transformers:  Revenge of the Fallen" becoming such HUGE hits.  I'm starting to wonder if everyone honestly does.  thats why i would like to ask all of you, do you listen to film critics?

1. profile image0
      LegendaryHeroposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I usually listen to Roger Ebert because he seems to do his movie reviews based upon whether movies are actually enjoyable or not.

Stevennix2001posted 7 years ago in reply to this

i agree.   peter travers, from rollingstone magazine, does the same thing, so there pretty much the only two critics i follow. well gene siskel too, but he's dead now. 

@tony

thanks man.  you seem like a cool guy yourself.

2. Rafini profile image87
    Rafiniposted 7 years ago

No.  I make up my own mind on what movies I would like to see.  But of course, I don't go out to the movies much either!  (way too expensive!!)

3. tony0724 profile image62
    tony0724posted 7 years ago

The movie critics like to think of themselves as very highbrow. And that somehow we are just a bunch of unsophisticated neandrathals who just don't get it ! They in my opinion are a pretentious lot. Just like the ones that show up at an art gallery. Movies are supposed to be a sometimes serious affair and sometimes they are just supposed to be fun !

I wish they would hire me. I would give them an honest assessment. But the studio execs would hate me !

lol hey wait a sec, i'm a film critic mad....oh wait never mind...i forgot i consider myself as just a guy that likes to watch a lot of movies....and not a film critic because i don't have a fancy PHD in film.  j/k lol

4. Stevennix2001 profile image84
    Stevennix2001posted 7 years ago

just kidding tony.  your cool.  lol

1. tony0724 profile image62
      tony0724posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Steve I love humor. You know its cool Bro ! smile

5. Faybe Bay profile image85
    Faybe Bayposted 7 years ago

I used to like to watch the critics and take note of their picks and pans, then after the movie came out I would see if they ate crow or not. That was fun. I forget the one guys name, but if a movie he didn't like became a hit, he would blame it on the fact that the audience wouldn't know a good film if it fell on them.

lol wow, i'm glad i'm not that guy then. i'm too humble to ever say stuff like that.  lol

working