Memories and Songs

1. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

What memories do you have associated with certain songs?  When I hear Rio by Duran Duran, I think of listening to it in the eighties as a kid and playing on the beach.  What are some memories that you have associated with songs?

2. DJ Funktual profile image85
    DJ Funktualposted 8 years ago

SweetiePie - I was down & out and in a bad place 10 years ago and I was working at a restaurant next door to a CD store.  I wasn't suicidal or anything that serious....just my first EVER (and thank God my only) period of depression.  Lasted about 4 months. 

I would go in the record store before my shift everyday and go to the 1 listening station they had with the employee picks in it.  It just made me feel like me again b4 the BS of waiting tables.   The album was the soundtrack to "Magnolia".  Mostly tracks by Aimee Mann of the 80s group 'til Tuesday.   Her song "Wise Up" just kept me going.   The first I ever heard it was in the store and thankfully the station faced the wall because i was in tears.  I couldn't afford the CD so I would listen to it, once a day, on work days. 

It's certainly not that this song is particularly full of wisdom, it just came to the right person at the right place at the right time.  The song had actually been released years earlier before the film.   The song is used in the film very strangely.  Check it out.  Tell me what you think.

1. SweetiePie profile image84
      SweetiePieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It is an interesting song, but not my favorite.  It is still pretty cool though.