jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Jon Bon Jovi

1. bornblond8dg profile image60
    bornblond8dgposted 6 years ago

Are you a fan of Bon Jovi/Well this is the place to talk about this awesome performer/celebrity/husband/father...Jon...more than just another celebrity...i believe he's a wonderful human being as well.Just returned from my first Jovi concert in Charlotte NC...a simply outstanding performance but then would we expect anything less.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image65
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

he is a philantropist as well, he was here at Dallas two weeks ago, I am a FAN

2. goldenpath profile image81
    goldenpathposted 6 years ago

My day was back in the 70's and 80's, but he ROCKED in the 80's!  I'm in awe at how these groups who soared during my "rebel" days are still at it today.  They must be on a strict regimen of Geritol or something.  I haven't kept up with anything new but still love to hear his works from the 80's on the radio! smile

3. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

Love Bon Jovi!  never made it to one of his concerts though....sad

4. lamejan profile image60
    lamejanposted 6 years ago

Since my college days, I love his songs.. I love ballad songs

5. Polly C profile image86
    Polly Cposted 6 years ago

Bon Jovi reminds me of revising for my GCSEs at school in 1989 as they were at their peak then and we used to listen to them all the time whilst studying...I still love them, though, if a song comes on somewhere.

6. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

I thought it was very brave of him to come out of the closet

1. Polly C profile image86
      Polly Cposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I thought he was married? To an actress?

1. Greek One profile image79
        Greek Oneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

just a show I think

7. Johnnie Black profile image61
    Johnnie Blackposted 5 years ago

He has some amazing songs.  Wanted Dead or Alive is just flawless.

However having seen the recent documentary of him, it's apparrent that he just can't sing anymore.  He is really straining and his voice sounds awful.  With the lead vocal melody being so central to the style of music he does this is a very bad thing.  He might just need to tour less, or maybe his best days are just behind him.