Name your favorite tv show

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (47 posts)
  1. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

I like many show ,but for some reason most of the ones I like dont last. my list
    south park, how I met your monther, 2 and a half men, family guy, cleveland show, ancient aliens,  flash forward, modern family, cougar town

1. profile image49
      clarasmithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I liked the Fall Guy with Lee Majors. Remember that show? Lee Majors played "The Six Million Dollar Man." Fall Guy was about a stuntman/bounty hunter called Colt Seavers in .thewire online

2. Fullerman5000 profile image56
      Fullerman5000posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dexter, Rizzoli and Isle, Biography, and Tosh.O are the only shows i watch religiously. The Office, sometimes.

3. NickCalder15 profile image61
      NickCalder15posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Wire
      Dexter
      The Shield
      Deadwood
      The Sopranos
      Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Honorary Mentions
      Lost- Until it's 6th season when Darlton were revealed to be Very Good Liars.
      24- Up until the 6th season. The previous 5 were brilliant IMO.

1. spookyfox profile image59
        spookyfoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think Lost was perfect including the last season and episode smile The Wire is amazing too.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

the Dexter series; 2 1/2 men for a laugh; not much else really....oh yeah...Jerry Springer - or some other 'who's your daddy' show? when I'm at home sick with a cold and not at work.

1. optimus grimlock profile image60
      optimus grimlockposted 13 years agoin reply to this

in that case i have to add judge mathis, judge joe brown, maury (not murry like the guests call him) jerry, around the horn and pti

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

good for you for admitting the truth!

3. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Animal Cops. I want to be one when I grow up!

4. CaribeM profile image69
    CaribeMposted 13 years ago

My favorites: Dexter, Weeds, Nurse Jackie and US of Tara because of their clever stories, intelligent scripts and outstanding acting. Also enjoy Anthony Bourdain's No Reservation.

I miss Frazier, Six Feet Under and Sex and the City sad

5. wingedcentaur profile image65
    wingedcentaurposted 13 years ago

In many ways I think television of decades past (stretching back to the sixties) is some of the best we've ever had. My choices would be:

1) Twilight Zone (the original with Rod Serling, not any of the remakes - none of those)

2) The Outer Limits (again, the original black and white version, not any of the remakes - none of those)

3)Star Trek (the original series)
    4)Star Trek: The Next Generation

5) I'm not ashamed to admit this, but for a while there I was a fan of Days of Our Lives - a "soap opera."

6) Dr. Who (the original series, not any of the stupid remakes)

7) Dark Shadows about the vampire, Barabas Collins

8)The Invaders (from the sixties is a show I recently discover preserved on YouTube. I had never heard of it before, but its marvelous)

9) I liked the Fall Guy with Lee Majors. Remember that show? Lee Majors played "The Six Million Dollar Man." Fall Guy was about a stuntman/bounty hunter called Colt Seavers.

10) I liked the latest incarnation of Dragnet (starring Ed O'neil from Married with Children). That show was good and had great potential before they changed it, thereby ruining it, and then cancelling it - they had to because their changes ruined it.

11) Married With Children, The Simpsons, King Of the Hill, American Dad, The Cleveland Show, Southpark, Family Guy

6. vanchen profile image68
    vanchenposted 13 years ago

Lost was great, loved the earlier star treks, a few of the t.v dramas nowadays like House are interesting.

7. fionnaredhead profile image58
    fionnaredheadposted 13 years ago

ER was the best tv show ever!!!!!

8. Richieb799 profile image73
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

Supernatural - great acting, great themes, great cars, great chicks, great soundtrack!

9. Glimmer515 profile image60
    Glimmer515posted 13 years ago

Big Bang Theory
    Office (US)
    South Park
    The Fringe
    Tudors
    Survivor
    Modern Family

10. joaniemb profile image60
    joaniembposted 13 years ago

NCIS is a great show,

Hot in Cleveland is so funny love that show

The Young and the Restless I work during the day and Tivo it so I can watch it at night sad huh  lol

Royal Pains, I get a kick out of that show because it is about the Hampton's NY and filmed here too. I live in the Hampton's and watch to see the scenes and pick the places I know.

11. Andy Webb profile image66
    Andy Webbposted 13 years ago

Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother.

Shame that here in the UK we get the shows much later so I'm probably a series behind in each, or at least hope so as it will mean more new episodes to watch.

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I love Big Band Music!

1. profile image0

ooooops.. sorry... Big Bang! big_smile

12. kingis profile image69
    kingisposted 13 years ago

Right now, I would say Modern Family.  Look at how many Emmy awards it received.

13. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 13 years ago

I have three

#1 The NFL Pregame show

#2 NFL Football

#3 The NFL Postgame show  big_smile

1. profile image0

MEN!!! roll

2. kingis profile image69
      kingisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Tony0724 said:

I have three

#1 The NFL Pregame show

#2 NFL Football

#3 The NFL Postgame show 

My question to you, which coverage of the NFL do you prefer CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, or NFL Network?

1. tony0724 profile image60
        tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like ESPN the best. But Shannon Sharpe on CBS is a funny guy ! And Terry and Howie can be quite a laugh too !

2. Michael Willis profile image66
        Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

NFL Network. Plus is is 24/7 and the perfect TV Show NFL Football fans.

3. bayoulady profile image68
      bayouladyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Those are three important choices, NEED all three for the Experience to be the best!lol!

14. Austinstar profile image83
    Austinstarposted 13 years ago

I love Sons of Anarchy! It's a series TV show on the FX network. Really down and dirty stuff, not for kids. The characters are amazing!

15. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 13 years ago

True Blood

16. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Teletubbies

17. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

ice road truckers
    swamp people
    pawn stars
    american pickers
    and those loggers, just to name a few

18. Kyle246 profile image61
    Kyle246posted 13 years ago

The office is the best!
    Also pokemon!

19. dosters profile image79
    dostersposted 13 years ago

Bones
    Burn Notice
    House
    CSI

20. CYBERSUPE profile image60
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL--(AWESOME) HOWEVER TO GOOD FOR TV

NCCA FOOTBALL

NCAA BASKETBALL

21. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

From meeting and marrying my English husband I've come to love:

Doctor Who
    Top Gear
    Kitchen Nightmares

Growing up in the late 60s/early 70s:

I Love Lucy re-runs
    Gilligan's Island
    Donnie & Marie Show
    Dick Van Dyke Show re-runs
    The Munsters re-runs
    The Addams Family re-runs

From being married to my first husband:

Star Trek original series re-runs
    Saturday Night Live
    Mad TV

From bonding time with my teenage daughter:

MTV's America's Best Dance Crew
    E!'s Chelsea Lately
    Whose Line is It Anyway

22. Glimmer515 profile image60
    Glimmer515posted 13 years ago

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy359/NobodyRainOnMyParade/thebigbangtheroy.jpg

23. bayoulady profile image68
    bayouladyposted 13 years ago

From HGTV= Design Star
    FRom MSNBC= To Catch a Predator
    From TLC= The Duggars,19 and Counting
    Favorite re-runs:  The Waltons,Dr Quin Medicine Woman, Touched by An Angel, and The Cosby Show

24. vballkel profile image59
    vballkelposted 13 years ago

Shows No Longer Airing:
    Alias
    Lost
    Ghost Whisperer
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Current Faves:
    One Tree Hill
    NCIS
    Vampire Diaries
    Glee
    The Middle
    Gotta love Tivo

25. susanlang profile image61
    susanlangposted 13 years ago

I'd have to say:
    ER
    The Office

26. Canklefish profile image81
    Canklefishposted 13 years ago

Battlestar Galactica
    Survivor
    Justified

27. LakeShow T profile image74
    LakeShow Tposted 13 years ago

Other than anything and everything related to baskeball and football, mine are the following:

Big Brother
    Hell's Kitchen
    Kitchen Nightmares
    Master Chef
    Next Food Network Star
    Man v. Food
    Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives

I used to have American Idol in there, but that is rapidly going downhill in my opinion.

28. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...just discovered a new one (well new to me) - Eastbound and Down (watched one show and will check out the rest of Season 1)

29. spookyfox profile image59
    spookyfoxposted 13 years ago

Can't believe no one mentioned Arrested Development or The Wire!

30. jesslsch profile image60
    jesslschposted 13 years ago

The Office, Roseanne, American Idol, Everybody Loves Raymond

31. Pro Design Source profile image60
    Pro Design Sourceposted 13 years ago

Big Love, The Good Wife, Criminal Minds, & almost all the Bravo shows.

32. paulstephenuk profile image58
    paulstephenukposted 13 years ago

Loving the Inbetweeners at the moment, brilliant programme.

33. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

right now, the Apprentice,

34. poetvix profile image55
    poetvixposted 13 years ago

Ok, I realize I'm probably gonna take some heat for this, but, if I am being totally honest...
    Spartacus Blood and Sand is the only show I currently watch or would be were it still airing new shows.
    I so can't wait for it to start back up.
    Past faves...
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Xena
    Yes, yes I know, many think they are short on plot and long on gratuitous (sp) violence... don't care... love them all.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)