jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Brooks & Dunn-Last Rodeo...Sugarland and Jennifer Hudson performances

1. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

20 years of amazing music and performances by Kix Brooks and Ronnie Dunn. The most decorated Duo in Country Music history.
    The "Last Rodeo" television Special with the best of Country Music Artist's performing their hits as a Tribute was just amazing.

There were two performances that really stood out to me.

First---Sugarland singing "Red Dirt Road." WOW...I had chills listening to Jennifer Nettles on this one.

Listen to Sugarland singing Red Dirt Road here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EBxHzJ0GnQ

Second....Jennifer Hudson singing "Believe!" You could see the looks of satisfaction from Brooks & Dunn hearing her singing performance. And after the song and the camera swept the sudience, you could read the lips of Faith Hill as she uttered, WOW!

Listen to Jennifer sing the moving song. "Believe" here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL9bY-reMJE

I am waiting for the DVD to be released from the TV Special. It is definitely worth having.

2. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

I heard a review of this show the other day on the radio and they were raving about how good it was.  I'd like to see it too.  Thanks for the YouTube links.  I watched both.  I love Jennifer Nettles' voice.  Such a powerful singer.

Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Jennifer Nettles is just amazing!!!!!!!!  The DVD of the show, when it comes out, will be worth having. The entire show was great.

3. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

I just watched the Lady Antebellum segment where they sang "If You See Her".   OMG....great performance! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myul61CjFTY

The entire Special program was amazing! Hmmmmm...I think a HUB about the show would be a good idea! Especially when the DVD comes out and could use Amazon.com to sell the DVD.

I have seen where Itunes has some kind of program for members to even make commission for sales. I need to investigate that info more.

1. KCC Big Country profile image83
        KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think that's a great idea!  I look forward to reading your hub about it.

All the sales I have had from Amazon have come from DVD's. Tells me that my hubs would benefit more if I went that direction for Amazon.

1. KCC Big Country profile image83
            KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like you have found a good niche.  I have some hubs geared towards DVDs but I haven't sold a single one.  If it works for you, run with it!!  Good luck!

4. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

it was a great show, but the hudson performance had no emotion in it and was lackluster and it showed on bnd faces. Same with darius rucker but we won them over while singing,

working