jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Meet Joe Black

1. EmmaMedu profile image75
    EmmaMeduposted 6 years ago

I know this is a very old movie, but I love it. I watch it from time to time again, because it's so romantic and special. And every time it ends, I'm aksing myself the same question:
    "What happend at the end? How did he come back and became the guy from the coffee shop again?"

Does someone know the answer to this question?
    Did he die when the bus hit him and Death took his body? Or, was he in a coma and woke up when Deat went away? How come he returned as a guy from the coffee shop again?

1. shazwellyn profile image84
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Death took his body and left his soul in a holding department of heaven (if you like) - there is no time in heaven, so the soul would not know that time had moved on to the same extent.  You see death took a holiday and learned what is was to be alive - he hadnt experienced earthly sensations before - he fell in love and wanted to give up reaping, but made the ultimate sacrifice... when you love someone, you let them go! 

Ultimately, death realised it was time to go back to reaping.  It is what he did and he was needed to do this to transport souls to the next stage - someone has to do it, afterall!  Holiday over with lessons learned. 

He could truly empathise with people as he had now experienced life and its meaning.

This film is listed as one of my favourites smile

1. andromida profile image76
        andromidaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I heard soul has weight and it was proved in noetic science.I even wrote a hub on this topic.

2. Megavitamin profile image86
    Megavitaminposted 6 years ago

I saw this movie for the first time in the movie theater with my best friend and we both bawled our eyes out.  Next time I need a good cry, I'll watch it again!