jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Fiction?

1. Earl S. Wynn profile image83
    Earl S. Wynnposted 8 years ago

Heyo, I've been browsing the forums and I've noticed that people have talked about putting some really creative and artsy things like poetry or lyrics on Hubpages, so I was wondering-- is there much fiction on here? I realize that the market for it would be small, but I'm always writing something, and I love Science Fiction with a passion, and I figure if there might be a niche for it, then I might see what I can work into a hub! What does everyone think?

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

There are several people here who post poetry - Drax, Paraglider, Gamergirl, Iounn to name a few.  I don't know of anyone who writes fiction.

3. Shirley Anderson profile image84
    Shirley Andersonposted 8 years ago

Is fiction allowed?  Or are the hubs all supposed to be information based?  I have two hubs that are about things that actually happened to me and have the resulting steps or tips listed, but they're presesnted in a ficticious, humourous way.  It wasn't until after I published them on HP that I wondered if they would be okay.  So far, no one has said they aren't.

Fiction is wonderful, but is it allowed?  If so, I'm looking forward to reading Earl's sci-fi hubs.

4. robie2 profile image92
    robie2posted 8 years ago

Barranca did some memoir pieces, but I don't think I've ever seen a short story. Hmmmmmm smile

5. BeatsMe profile image80
    BeatsMeposted 8 years ago

Well, if you remembered before you signed up here, they wrote that you can write anything that interests you except adult contents. So I think it's okay.

6. MrMarmalade profile image79
    MrMarmaladeposted 8 years ago

There is nothing wrong with good fiction.
    put you foot in the wqater and if there are no comments. Heart breaking but at least no one wanted to read that story.
    Do another story on a different style

1. robie2 profile image92
      robie2posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Oh yes I have seen fiction on hubpages--Rik Ravado posted a couple of very charming short stories. Go have a look.

7. Earl S. Wynn profile image83
    Earl S. Wynnposted 8 years ago

Hmmm. Well I might have to give it a try then, haha. Who knows, maybe it'll be the next big thing. If not, hey, at least it's out there, right? smile

1. robie2 profile image92
      robie2posted 8 years ago in reply to this

go for it! smile

1. Earl S. Wynn profile image83
        Earl S. Wynnposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Haha, just did. It's short and kinda whimsical, a first person narrative instead of the usual third person hard Sci-Fi I work with, but I'm pretty proud of it.

8. profile image60
    rollynposted 8 years ago

For me, the greatest fiction is the Harry Potter novel. It is really enchanting. It encourages us to widen our imagination. And you will really love its characters.

rollyn

Why waste money? Save up to 70% on toner cartridges by purchasing toner printer supplies from ConcordSupplies.com http://www.concordsupplies.com/type/Toner.html

working