Eurovision: I missed it :(

1. 0
    Audreveaposted 6 years ago

So I missed the Eurovision song contest and am rightly annoyed with myself b/c I normally watch it every year.

Here's my question: is it as good as it used to be?

It seems to be more cumbersome now with extra rounds / heats to weed out the poorer entries and lots of entries use English when it isn't the first language of the country just to make the song more accessible - to get votes but I'm sure also for commercial reasons afterwards.

What'cha think?

1. 0
      klarawieckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, it has taken 11 months for someone to answer this question, but I saw this year's Eurovision and found it much better than last years. The countries that participated had either very good songs, very good singers, or very impressive stage setting presentation. None of the favorites ended up winning, which is to be expected because when you open the lines for everyone to vote, they end up voting for their neighbors and not for the best song. So, you can imagine that all the countries that once formed the Soviet Union (which are a billion) vote for each other, even if the songs stink, and that leaves countries like Italy, France, Portugal, and Spain in the lowest ranks.
      Germany did an outstanding job with the program this year. It will be hard to top that. And the winner this year was the duo from Azerbaijan. It was a pretty song but not worth winning first place if you ask me.
      Anyone else saw Eurovision yesterday?