jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Another Golden Girl Gone

1. Megavitamin profile image88
    Megavitaminposted 6 years ago

Rue McClanahan died today at the age of 76.  Betty White is the last living Golden Girl.  I still love that show.

2. Rafini profile image86
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

How sad....was she ill?  I hadn't heard that she was...must've been a heart attack...?  Love that show, though.  The Golden Girls.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image87
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

She had breast cancer some years back-- and heart surgery sometime last year, I think.

4. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

It was a good show.  All four of those women seemed equally responsible for the fact that the show was as good as it was.  Oh well...  you never like to hear that someone that much younger than 90-plus has died.  Somehow, to me, anything younger than that is still too young.

5. Megavitamin profile image88

She died of a stroke.  She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1997 and then last fall she had heart bypass surgery.

Rue will be missed!

6. torimari profile image82
    torimariposted 6 years ago

I was so devestated when I heard this. sad When Betty White goes I'll be totally destroyed.

7. Internetwriter62 profile image85
    Internetwriter62posted 6 years ago

I just read the news. I know she was seventy six, but I was still surprised. I know that Bea Aurthur died last year and Estelle Getty died in 2008. We still have Betty White, I hope she stays with us a long time. I really love the show and the thought that most of them are gone really make me sad.

8. profile image0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

She was my favorite, I hated Dorothy, Maude.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Dorothy was favorite smile Rose came next.

1. Internetwriter62 profile image85
        Internetwriter62posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree, I liked Dorothy to. Although I really liked all of them. There are all very talented actresses.

9. Ohma profile image78
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

They were\are all very talented But Estell Getty was Hilarious.

10. Megavitamin profile image88

They're all really talented.  It's nice that Betty White is having such an amazing comeback.  Love it!

working