They are never about what they lead you to believe.

1. Glenn Raymond profile image60
    Glenn Raymondposted 6 years ago

We watched "Shutter Island" the other night and it was so unbelievably stupid.  We thought it was going to be full of ghosts, but it was full of crazy garbage.  So many movies are coming out these days that turn out to be junk.  Why can't they stick to a good story idea and make it the way it is advertised.

So much for entertainment.

1. fresnavee profile image61
      fresnaveeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I swear that movie trailers are designed to be misleading. Rather than being about a movie, which is why you should see a movie int he first place, they're designed to garner anyone and everyone who wants to see something broader, like a category an idea fits in instead of an idea.

I can't speak for Shutter Island as I haven't seen it, but that's the way I felt about the last thriller movie I went to see.

1. Glenn Raymond profile image60
        Glenn Raymondposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, they really need to come up with a better way of doing these trailers so the movie does not sneak up and slap you with a big let down, or anti-climactic ending.

What kind of movies do you like?  I've gotten too picky, I like spooky with not too much gore and it has to have a few great sub plots, a great twist or two and then atleast a slightly satisfying (if not completely happy) ending.