jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

A Celebrity Broke My Heart

1. 0
    Rookie70posted 6 years ago

I'm sure a lot of fans have heard about Alicia Keys' pregnancy. Well, to make a long story short, I am a pianist and songwriter myself. I have some college background in music and composition. During the time I was in college, I have always admired Alicia Keys. She was my idol because she accomplished what I have been wanting to accomplish. She succeeded in everything that I wanted to do. I kind of fell in love with her musicianship, we have that in common. I loved her performances. I began fantasizing about me being with her writing music and making some hits. I somewhat developed a relationship with her although I never met her. Recently, I found out that she got pregnant, and it hurt me. I thought she would be the woman for me. Has anyone here ever had a similar experience?

1. leeberttea profile image60
      leebertteaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like a good topic for a song! You can call it Stalking you, Stalking me! big_smile

2. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

To borrow from Wendy Williams, Alicia is "a friend in your head".  Continue your "relationship".  Plently of people 'settle for less' in order to continue relationships with others.  I'm sure she'd want you to be supportive of her pregnancy smile

1. 0
      Rookie70posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much, rmcrayne. You made me feel a whole lot better. I do wish her the best in all of her relationships, and in all that she does.

3. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

She is human, isn't she? Subject to making mistakes. Doesn't detract from her gifts as a musician, which are great. I'm an admirer also.

But be the best you can, write music by the pound. Be fearless about reinventing yourself when needed. Get in the studio and learn the craft and the trade and you'll meet all the people you're supposed to meet in life. Falling in love with an idea or image isn't nearly as wonderful as living a rich life. If and when you do meet her, you'll be less likely to be star-struck, and more able to be her equal professionally, and as a friend.

From a fellow songwriter/composer, sending you kindest and best.

1. 0

Thank you, Daniel Carter, I feel motivated now by what you said, and I do appreciate your comment. In fact, I'm about to work with other musicians in a recreation center, and I hope it turns into something commercially good for me.

4. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

Never set your heart on a celeb. Sandra Bullock broke my heart when she hooked up with Jesse James, I don't watch her anymore.

1. 0

Ralwus, this is hard to do when you see such a talented individual who's very successful. Accomplished celebs are attractive people. Smart minds are magical.

5. Catering101 profile image60
    Catering101posted 6 years ago

I guess we all have had "idols" in some part of our lives. But the thing is, we all have to set limits and instead just consider them as inspirations for us to do better in life. Afterall, they're still humans...they make mistakes like us.

1. 0

You're right Catering101, but I only wish Alecia Keys made that mistake with me. That way, I would be the one responsible to correct it.

6. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

LOL, okay, I'll play along.  I used to have a total celebrity crush on Meg Ryan when I was in my late teens/early twenties. Primarily based on her roll in the movie Innerspace.  She had that sweet, pure, girl-next door thing that perfectly suited the ideal I held in my head growing up on stories of chivalry and virtue (and raised by a Victorian/Christian Science influenced mother).

Then she took her shirt off in a movie.

Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVED any movie that showed boobs.  Porky's, Animal House, pretty much anything I could get my eyes on in my early teens etc.  I was not Victorian in my enjoyment of viewing flesh at all.  However, Meg was my ideal woman.  The perfect one.  And then she sold out. Became like all the rest. 

(I've since cultivated a much more worldly view, but I thought I'd share, since your post reminded me of that silly time in my youth.)

Here she is, back in the day.  [sigh]

7. Sunny_S profile image61
    Sunny_Sposted 6 years ago

Celebrities dont break hearts. They've never met you so they have no idea what feelings you might share. They just want to see people who admire them happy and mentally stable.

1. 0

Sunny, you're right realistically, but please understand that I'm just expressing my admiration of her. I'd love to marry a woman like her. She's talented, love music, and is successful.

8. Megavitamin profile image87
    Megavitaminposted 6 years ago

I feel your pain, Rookie70.  Andy Roddick broke my heart when he married Brooklyn Decker.  So what if she's a swimsuit model?  What does she have that I don't, other than money, fame, and a SI Swimsuit Issue cover?

Alas, celebrity crushes are all fun and games until someone's arrested for stalking :0)