jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Time to Boycott Mel Gibson? (Again.)

1. Ralph Deeds profile image68
    Ralph Deedsposted 6 years ago

Leonard Pitts in the Miami Herald reported today that "Radar Online, a celebrity gossip website reported on July 1 that Gibson's estranged girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva, had taped him in the throes of a profanely and profoundly hateful rant. He reportedly called Grigorieva, with whom he has an infant daughter, a 'whore,' a 'bitch' and a particularly vulgar term for the female pudendum that begins with 'c.'

"Then there is this pungent quote: 'You look like a f------ pig in heat and if you get raped by a pack of n------ it will be your fault.' You may think the most damning word in that quote is the N-word. Actually, it's just before that. After all, only animals hunt in packs."

2. Dobson profile image82
    Dobsonposted 6 years ago

unfortunately just because you are an actor and people will apy huge sums to cast you intheir movie does not mean you are an exemplary human. I do not condone his actions at all, but we are foolish to expect actors to be examples orf perfection. Mr. Gibson should and probably will be roundly criticized for this outburst.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image81
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

.....and most likely the main reason he will not be back in the next Mad Max reboot movie.

3. Daniel Carter profile image89
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

Gibson is not mentally stable, I believe. He took Brittney Spears under his wing temporarily after her very publicized melt-down, hospital stay, diagnosis of bipolar, etc., most likely because he can relate very well to all of it. Other signs are drinking and drug binges, sex binges, spending binges, and incredibly frightening rages.

Both have exhibited these symptoms. Mel is not a well person, and he's pretty much ruined most of his hollywood relationships for a good reason. I think he is pitiable. I would also want to keep him at least 150 miles from me and everyone I care about.

4. Mrvoodoo profile image60
    Mrvoodooposted 6 years ago

While not pleasant it's no worse than the sort of rage fueled arguments you'll hear in virtually any bar come closing time when some drunken numb-nut discovers his equally drunk girlfriend flirting with another guy.  Or vice versa.  I've heard plenty of women screaming equally vile things at their significant others.

While context probably shouldn't provide an excuse, it can make such things more understandable (or not).

And why was his 'girlfriend' making secret tapes of him anyway, financial insurance for when she got dumped?  Perhaps he wasn't entirely in the wrong ballpark with some of the names he used.

5. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I've never understood the obsession the public has with celebrity's. they are imperfect human beings just like the rest of mankind.