jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Favorite Green Day album and Why

1. Infomaniac72 profile image60
    Infomaniac72posted 6 years ago

My personal fav is 1039/ smoothed out slappy hours. I like it because its original and its vintage Green Day. Tell me your album preference and why you chose that one.

1. Evan Hutchinson profile image80
      Evan Hutchinsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I actually really like 21st Century Breakdown. It's very well-done and diverse in sound.

2. ExitiumMachina profile image60
    ExitiumMachinaposted 6 years ago

I like Nimrod, although really anything before that is good as well.  But I would choose Nimrod because it was really the last good album they did before the shiny lights caught their eyes.

3. Fullerman5000 profile image80
    Fullerman5000posted 6 years ago

Dookie all the way. When i first got the album, i couldnt stop listening to it. Over and over, one of those albums that is good from beginning to end.

4. jdflom profile image82
    jdflomposted 6 years ago

Warning. It is so different than their usual stuff, which I do like, but, the entire Warning CD just speaks to me with a very pleasing sound throughout.

5. Nicky Page profile image82
    Nicky Pageposted 6 years ago

Ten years ago I might have answered this question with 'Dookie' or 'Nimrod' but now I'm almost certain that 'American Idiot' is no doubt my favorite Green Day album. The first time I seen these guys (live) was exactly five years ago today- American Idiot Tour at Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. Who could go wrong with choosing a rock opera album? It's pure genius.

6. SognoPiccolo profile image82
    SognoPiccoloposted 6 years ago

I was hooked on Dookie, then Warning and then American Idiot. You can't really go wrong with Green Day... they are pretty fantastic. Sometimes if I get attached to an album it sticks for a while and the songs get stuck in my head forcing me to listen. lol

7. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 6 years ago

American Idiot. One of the last significant albums of rock and roll.

1. tom_caton profile image82
      tom_catonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I doubt that somewhat... Have a little faith!

8. tom_caton profile image82
    tom_catonposted 5 years ago

Shenanigans. B-Sides are always fun! Plus some of the music is actually quite good

9. The Music Maniac profile image60
    The Music Maniacposted 5 years ago

Anything upto and including the Warning album. American Idiot onwards is all dire.

10. GhoulishStina profile image61
    GhoulishStinaposted 5 years ago

By far, Dookie and Insomniac are my favorite albums. To me, they're the richest and filled with the catchiest songs.