jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Music Theory Q&A

1. Dgerrimea profile image81
    Dgerrimeaposted 6 years ago

I noticed there doesn't seem to be much knowledge being contributed to the music theory forums, so I will offer this thread as a place for anyone to ask me anything about music and I'll give you the best answer I can. I'm no expert, but I know enough that can help someone who wants to understand more.

Feel free to pm me also, or check out my music theory hubs (there aren't many, but I'm slowly adding more).

2. alternate poet profile image77
    alternate poetposted 6 years ago

Seems this thread is a bit slow - I write poetry and think I have some grasp of lyrics, but music is s different story.  Perhaps you could start by giving us some basics to work on ?

3. Dgerrimea profile image81
    Dgerrimeaposted 6 years ago

Seems you're right. I'll post one of my music hubs as a thread to see if that gets the ball rolling.

4. kalixao profile image60
    kalixaoposted 6 years ago

I'd like to join up and contribute music theory postings and answers. I'm a private music instructor, B.A. in performing arts and classical guitar, and former songwriter for BMI.

5. profile image60
    beulainnesposted 6 years ago

It... could... although as of now it seems difficult enough expressing it in words. Then again, music depends on mathematics unequivocally, whereas language and mathematics are quite separate.

Natura Cleanse

6. Doc Snow profile image96
    Doc Snowposted 6 years ago

Well, I'd be interested in the topic as well, and can certainly bring a lot of theory knowledge to the table.  (I've got a couple of theory Hubs up now.)

Though it seems the biggest shortage is not of answers, but of questions!

1. 6 String Veteran profile image87
      6 String Veteranposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Doc, where are your theory hubs? I can check your page i guess...

1. Doc Snow profile image96
        Doc Snowposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You clearly got 'em, 6-string!  Nice Hubs, yourself--though more purely guitar than theory.

working