Lindsay Lohan -- Sentence Fair?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

I've had CNN on for an hour this morning. In that time they've spent
    Her jail sentence is 90 days, but predictions are she will serve only 23 of those days. Then she still has 90 days of "program" (aka rehab).

Do you think this sentence is appropriate for her?

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If the sentence is appropriate for millions of other Americans breaking the law, then I say it's fair enough for her.  People have been spent long time sentences, for a lot less.  I think she should count her blessings, because she is a star. Because we all know, if it was someone else they'd be in for a very long haul.

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who cares?  Seriously, the way I see it, she's had every opportunity to succeed in life. she's a very attractive young girl, and highly talented to boot.  She had the Disney corporation offering her parts early in her career, and what does she do?  She squanders her opportunity and does drugs.  My thoughts are when it comes to celebrities going to jail, period, it's that ANYTHING that happens to them is their own damn fault.  They have nobody to blame but themselves.  They were given every chance to succeed, but they blew it. Therefore, why should i feel sorry for them?  they don't give a rat's a** about me, so i sure as hell don't care about them.

3. Cheeky Girl profile image66
      Cheeky Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lindsay is unfortunate. She missed some court appearances and she should have to undergo some kind of system where by she makes up for what she has done. Some countries might do it different, like ask the celebrity to make a contribution to a well-deserving charity or prove they deserve not to be put in a detention place like prison. If she raised a million dollars for a cancer charity as compensation, and use the celebrity power for good, as others do, I'd go easy on her.  I wrote about her recently on my website, she is a magnet for many people-watchers, it seems.

It's a shame there are not alternatives to just shoving everyone in prison for doing one thing or another. There's more than one way a person can make up for what they do, in my humble opinion. The Justice system differs in other parts of the world. Anyway, it's not like Lindsay is the Evil Witch of the East or something. She is not some hardened criminal, when compared to some people, who have done far worse than her.

2. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 13 years ago

This is very common due to jail overcrowding. So, I think it's appropriate. She was also on probation for a few years and while she violated the terms of the probation, she received a normal sentence for those violations. She also has to do another 3 months of rehab. Because of her poor decisions, this will follow her around for about 3 years, I think that's pretty fair punishment. Although, I suspect she probably doesn't agree! big_smile

On a side note, I was really disgusted with what she had painted on her middle finger - IF she really was directing that towards the judge and court. Maybe she wasn't...but if so, I have low tolerance for anyone who disrespects the solemnity of judicial proceedings.

3. Jim Hunter profile image61
    Jim Hunterposted 13 years ago

I am having a hard time caring what they do with her.

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jim, I think we finally agree on something.

2. bsscorpio8 profile image60
      bsscorpio8posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey, your score has gone up!!! Good job!!!

4. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

GG -- So nice to see you! It's been awhile!
    I think the sentence is perfect. A little time behind bars to humble her. The key part is the rehab. In fact, if I were the judge I'd do it in reverse order. Rehab first, then some jail time.

Jim -- I'm sorry, but I must question your patriotism. Are you an American? How can you NOT care??? smile

5. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

She brought this on herself. Maybe she will cry and scream, "Mommy, mommy!" like Paris did in court.

Whether the sentence is truly fair or not it is probably enough to send a message that the courts are tired of entitled, spoiled, celebrities.

6. bsscorpio8 profile image60
    bsscorpio8posted 13 years ago

What are the penalties for her offenses?

7. Springboard profile image82
    Springboardposted 13 years ago

Whether or not it is fair I don't think is the point, relatively speaking. She'll serve whatever time she does. She'll go through the routine probationary time. She'll do the required rehab. Absolutely none of this will do anything for her unless it means something to her.

As for my absolute opinion, I believe in tough sentencing laws. I DO NOT view jail time as a deterrent, nor as an opportunity to reform an individual, but solely as a punnishment.

8. Midasfx profile image67
    Midasfxposted 13 years ago

I think we should ship her to Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, or anywhere in the turbulent middle east and not let her leave. that would solve this problem. much cheaper then rehab + prison.

9. Cuselax profile image61
    Cuselaxposted 13 years ago

i completly agree lets send her to some other country.  I feel like the media has turned lindsey lohan into our problem.  As if she is everyone of our little girls.  No one cares, we liked her when she was little, now its just getting old.

10. jaymelee23 profile image66
    jaymelee23posted 13 years ago

I agree with all of you. It's a shame that someone who has "made it" and is making big bucks is not appreciative for what she has. She can buy what ever she wants and go to exotic places many times a year... she's just throwing it down the toilet. It angers me that they make this stuff big news. I wish the studios and other important organizations in Hollywood would drop people like this for good. If they can't behave then why should they reward them with movie jobs, magazine covers and other things? I understand that things happen but when it becomes a pattern over a few years then they should turn their backs on these people. I can think of a couple others... Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell... the list goes on.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)