"Jolie admits she isn't completely 'sane'": MSNBC

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image33
    fishskinfreak2008posted 6 years ago

Web-site/URL: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38379015/ … rtainment/

Now we have to wonder how many affairs she has had

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

I have an overall problem with the way media reports in general...i'm not necessarily responding about what you posted about Jolie...anyway, when you read those reports, many times they take an interview out of context and choose the quotes carefully to get whatever angle they want to get across.

For example, today I noticed someone posted a response to something I wrote a few days ago...I'm now understanding what the term troll means.  In their response they quoted part of what I said and of course, it made what I had to say look completely different to the reader - the revised quotes or half quotes were entirely taken out of context - and I'm sure it was done on purpose.  I was tempted to correct it and quote what was actually written by me, but I realized that person had their own agenda to basically discredit me somehow and for whatever reason....that's there problem...and I just let it be.  I think they were actually trying to bait me into something.

So, when those media reports come out....like the one about Jolie...she's probably learned to ignore it and/or not read certain articles and/or they are no doubt screened for her viewing, so as not to upset her...you know, so that she is not baited into fighting publicly something she said that was completely taken out of context....it's best not to fight with a fool anyway....

3. girly_girl09 profile image80
    girly_girl09posted 6 years ago

I don't believe that any one person is "sane" 100% of the time. Just one tiny event can cause a person to change psychologically for a very small period of time (brief psychotic episode) to a very long period of time.

I think we all have a dark side. Some, more than others. Almost everyone goes through a period of depression at one point or another.

And, in no way, does this make me wonder about the number of affairs she had. "Sane" people have affairs all the time.

She seems to be doing really well at this point in time; I admire her a lot. I guess my foremost response to the title of this thread should have been, "so what?" big_smile