jump to last post 1-24 of 24 discussions (28 posts)

What did people think of Inception?

1. Cuselax profile image59
    Cuselaxposted 6 years ago

Just curious, did anyone see the movie inception?

1. Cheeky Girl profile image85
      Cheeky Girlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Inception is Christopher Nolan's best film so far. It is up there with "Memento" in weirdness, and the action scenes are very impressive. The Virtual World in the Imagination he creates is also very Matrix-like in origin, and it probably influenced his thinking. I saw Inception, and loved it. Inception is also a great Leonardo Di Caprio film, and he is well up to the challenge. It gets full marks from me.

2. Evan Hutchinson profile image80
      Evan Hutchinsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Agreed, Inception was one of the top movies I've ever seen. It was as well done as any, and even though it was long, it never dragged on. The special effects and acting were both very well done.

3. vmarker profile image78
      vmarkerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have heard it was amazing...

2. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Absolutely LOVED it!!!!  Fantastic movie!

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I'm going this weekend! I'm excited. my oldest son can't stop talking about it, I'm pretty sure he's writing a hub about it.
    he said it was incredible. we have an imax near, so it will be on the big screen.

4. Lora Palmer profile image62
    Lora Palmerposted 6 years ago

Saw it last weekend, and it was amazing!

5. Cuselax profile image59
    Cuselaxposted 6 years ago

that seems to be the typical response i have gotten from people.  In the middle of the movie i had to ask myself am i myself in a dream.  It was pretty crazy.

6. worldgrandeur profile image68
    worldgrandeurposted 6 years ago

Perplexing but fantastic movie. I loved its weirdness.

7. PrettyPanther profile image84
    PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago

Add me to the list of people who loved it.  I loved everything about it:  the story, the action, the dream world, and Leonardo Di Caprio who was outstanding as usual.

8. conewells profile image60
    conewellsposted 6 years ago

I may end up liking it when I rent the DVD, but I thought it was overrated and over-LOOOOONG after watching it on the big screen.  Endless, endless gun battles and chop-socky fist-fights, Those scenes gave me a headache.  Okay, so crucify me for not liking it a whole lot.

9. Daniel Carter profile image89
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

It was well produced and filmed for as complex as the story is. However, on the downside, I think it's typical of overly written, overly complex story lines. I think Hollywood writers are trying to out-do themselves these days by seeing who can come up with the most complex story. The last Pirates of the Caribbean lost a lot of it's original charm because it was so over written and riddled with weirdness.

I did like Inception, but not all that much.

10. 0
    LegendaryHeroposted 6 years ago

THAT MOVIE WAS SO AWESOME! I can't get over the ending!

11. jenblacksheep profile image85
    jenblacksheepposted 6 years ago

I thought it was really good it but it was very weird and there were bits that didn't make sense. I was disappointed with the ending, it was too predictable and very unsatisfying.

12. Kidgas profile image79
    Kidgasposted 6 years ago

Plan on seeing it tomorrow afternoon.  Then I will let you know.

13. rebekahELLE profile image91

my god, that movie is amazing! I just saw it tonight. I can't repeat here some of my exclamatory thoughts throughout the movie.. it is simply brilliant. we're not even supposed to be able to follow it the first time, I think just to experience it and all the questions it asks..
    everything about it makes you feel like you are there with them, especially if you can see it on the big screen. the special effects, astounding. there is even a parallel to Greek mythology with the architect. I read somewhere that it took Nolan 10 years to write the screenplay. I loved it, and will go see it again. the Hans Zimmer score delivers as always. the acting is riveting. the more I think about it, I can't wait to see it again.
    thumbs up from me.

14. Kidgas profile image79
    Kidgasposted 6 years ago

I enjoyed it quite a bit and thought the ending was quite appropriate.

15. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago

I bought a ticket and sat in a theater.  But how can I know if I actually saw a movie?

I'm so confused. yikes

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

ha, that's funny, ron. really, like what is reality??

I just read this article on my FB feed. Nolan and Zimmer working together can't get much better.. they're both genius in their field.
      http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/ … ion-score/

16. livelonger profile image91
    livelongerposted 6 years ago

RebekahELLE: Check out this link. Even the dramatic mood music was well thought-out by Nolan and Zimmer:

17. leeberttea profile image60
    leebertteaposted 6 years ago

I have resisted seeing the movie because the concept sounds ridiculous. I got the impression that this will be a confusing movie that's hard to follow, nothing more than a series of staged CGI effects strung together.
    After reading all the comments here though I might have to re-assess and go see the movie.

18. rebekahELLE profile image91

LL, yes, that video is also on the link. zimmer 'extracted' one note from the edit pilaf song. amazing.

leeb, I guess the best way to find out is to go see it.
    you can find some pretty decent reviews without spoilers!
    even here on this site. it's metaphorical in many aspects.
    definitely worth seeing more than once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOjhQBhj … re=related

19. themist profile image60
    themistposted 6 years ago

Probably one of the best films ever made. Nolan has mastered his directing technique. Not only was it thoroughly entertaining, but it made me think afterwards. As a matter of fact, straight after the film, I jumped onto google and typed in "Inception explained" so I could see what I had missed.

Can't wait to watch it again, it's up their with The Dark Knight and Fight Club.

20. USMCwifey09 profile image74
    USMCwifey09posted 6 years ago

It was absolutely incredible. A refreshing new idea and new plot...not something you see everyday. Very well done.

21. rebekahELLE profile image91

here's another interesting article, and it has no spoilers if you haven't seen it.
    http://blog.art21.org/2010/08/03/the-pa … inception/

oops. in my previous post, I misspelled Edith Piaf's name. hmm

22. spiderpam profile image58
    spiderpamposted 6 years ago

I loved it, easy to follow with cool effects. chris nolan is awesome.

23. climberjames profile image59
    climberjamesposted 6 years ago

24. sammyfiction profile image60
    sammyfictionposted 6 years ago

I saw it last week and I thought it was mind blowing! The ending was the most annoying and best part, the way the spinner wabbles to make you believe that he is not dreaming, yet his kids are wearing exactly what they wore in his memory is just amazing. The concept is tricky to understand, and I loved it!