jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

The Chelsea Clinton wedding will cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

1. Tom Cornett profile image61
    Tom Cornettposted 6 years ago

I know....who cares?  Obviously the media blitz is growing and the estimates are between two and five million dollars for the wedding.  I wish any couple getting married...the best of luck and happiness!
    This is America and there will be jokes....especially about Bill.
    "I did not have sex with that Bridesmaid!

I'm sure that the money spent will happily employ the top wedding planners, caterers, security, florists, etc.

If one is going to spend lots of money...try to employ as many people as possible. Capitalism at it's finest!  smile

2. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

First daughters getting married has always been big news.
    Tricia Nixon,Jenna Bush.
    Notsure if Amy Carter ever did get married.

By celebrity standards, a wedding of "only" a few mill is pretty low budget! And I think you're absolutely right. A big chunk of that will go towards security (and I don't mean to keep the bridesmaids safe from Bill. LOL).

I'm happy to see Chelsea has grown into her own.
    And I must admit, I will be excited to see the writeups and photos!

3. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

I like to see her wedding gown, pictorials, the flowers plus other decorations.

4. Denise Handlon profile image89
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

The last 'famous' wedding I watched was Princess Di.  I'll be interested in watching it because I'm a die hard romantic.  The cost, etc, not so interested.  As you stated, "who cares?"

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hey me too...I remember walking underground through the subway areas in Toronto (Canada) and TV's were set up where I boarded and got off ...so people could watch...and they did...they crowded around and watched...I guess that is the only famous wedding I've ever watched; and probably the last.  I don't watch much TV.

5. yenajeon profile image82
    yenajeonposted 6 years ago

Jeez! I would LOVEEEE to be the wedding planner. 10% of millions for one event!

6. Kangaroo_Jase profile image81
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago

Who is Chelsea Clinton ??? big_smile

7. 69
    logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago

As long as they are not using taxpayer money, they can spend all they want.  Don't really care.
    Poor Bill will have to spend time with Hillary!  That'll be a sight!

1. Tom Cornett profile image61
      Tom Cornettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah...but his eyes will be looking at cleavage and butts.  smile