what music do you all listen to?

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (57 posts)
  1. Thumb86 profile image60
    Thumb86posted 13 years ago

Im interested to hear what music you all like. Anyone heard of Elliott Smith?

1. ross670daw profile image61
      ross670dawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm a rock and roll man myself, Kiss, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Dire Straits, Nick Cave. No haven't heard of Elliott Smith, who is he?

2. Richard Craig profile image59
      Richard Craigposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Had a little listen to him.  He's Ok, not my cuppa tea.  If anybody likes soft-indie music you'll like him.

Thumb86posted 13 years agoin reply to this

better than nickleback! tongue

1. Richard Craig profile image59
          Richard Craigposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ha, I bet people could name more Nickelback songs that Elliot Smith's. lol

Sadly, this is probably true.

3. snagerries profile image68
      snagerriesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love soft music.

4. recklessfunk profile image60
      recklessfunkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Elliot Smith has been growing on me lately; "Say Yes" is a recent favorite actually.

5. featremix profile image60
      featremixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dubstep Remix , and Drum and Bass

1. OldSkoolFool profile image60
        OldSkoolFoolposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah kidz! Those beats for the feets! Techstep/Jungle in da house! Dieselboy style!

6. profile image0
      TilenHrovaticposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rock, Acoustic, Progressive, Folk

7. jtyler profile image60
      jtylerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I listen to people like Miles Davis, Cannonball Adderley, Freddie Hubbard, Duke Ellington, Lee Morgan, John Coltrane, etc.

8. profile image0
      Fiddlemanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Acoustic bluegrass and old time bluegrass gospel. Banjo, fiddle, guitar, mandolin with each instrument being featured.

9. 6 String Veteran profile image66
      6 String Veteranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Such a general question...when, where, and for what purpose? I'm a musician / instructor so maybe that's why this question is so puzzling LOL. For me It all depends.

10. Shinkicker profile image53
      Shinkickerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Never heard of Elliot Smith but I'll check him out Thumb86.

I love Rock Music, anything from ACDC to Slipknot

2. Richard Craig profile image59
    Richard Craigposted 13 years ago

I listen to a lot of different stuff.  My favorite artists are probably Nickelback and Eminem.  Never heard of Elliot Smith, I'll check it out...

3. Gymfroggy profile image60
    Gymfroggyposted 13 years ago

Pendulum is without question my favorite band. My current favorite track with them is The Island part 2.

4. JillKostow profile image88
    JillKostowposted 13 years ago

Lukas Rossi

5. lady_love158 profile image60
    lady_love158posted 13 years ago

I like anything I can dance to! woo hoo! hehe

1. profile image0
      jerrylposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lady,  Look up Keb Mo.  "She just wants to dance".  I think you will likie that one.

6. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Trance (Melodic & Progressive).

7. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

Conor Oberst - in all the different musical projects he's done.

conor is ok. if you like conor i take it you like elliott smith?

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Elliot Smith is good too.

8. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 13 years ago

alt rock , R&B,reggae,jazz, old big band stuff , some country tunes also oh hell everything !

9. Petroley profile image60
    Petroleyposted 13 years ago

Im listening just Hip Hop/Rap, and I preffer Balkan Hip Hip!

10. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

I feel most of today's music is crap
    !!!
    Some is good like Michael Buble, Avirl Lavagne,
    I hate rap
    I like
    classic rock
    when artists could write, sing, and play instruments. Now that's talent!!!

1. echolishes profile image60
      echolishesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hay i understand your thoughts. But not all rap is bad.

11. echolishes profile image60
    echolishesposted 13 years ago

rock, hip-hop, pop, little country and rap

12. spookyfox profile image61
    spookyfoxposted 13 years ago

Bach, Bach, Bach and more Bach.

13. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I really love guitar music -  all kinds, but especially instrumental guitar - flamenco and modern - its soothing.

1. profile image0
      jerrylposted 13 years agoin reply to this

mega1,

Look up   Los Indios tabajaras.  cd title:  "serie platino  20 exitos"

Excellent guitar music!  You will enjoy.

2. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Paco De Lucia is a friend of my families. My Aunt was a very high profile flamenco dancer in Spain.

14. Mikeydoes profile image42
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

New rock: Evans blue, 10 years, Parabelle
    Old Rock: Led Zepplin, Rush

Many others... I like a little country and a little rap. A little of everything.

15. profile image0
    jerrylposted 13 years ago

I like blues.  Gary Moore is an excellent blues guitarist.
    His version of Jimmi Hendrix's  "red house" is fantastic.

16. profile image49
    almera diwaposted 13 years ago

I'd prefer listening to love songs. It makes my mind wander into nowhere and makes me remember of my love ones. The sweet memories we had and the happy talks we had shared.

17. profile image0
    Rookie70posted 13 years ago

Although I turned 40 on July 27, 2010, I am a little shy about telling people that I still listen to rap songs by Eminem, and some other artists. I've been listening to parody songs a lot. I'm a Weird Al fan. I have a classical background. My favorite piece is "Sonata Pathetic, Opus 57 (2nd movement) by Von Ludwig Beethoven. However, my all-time favorite is R&B hip-hop.

18. telltale profile image60
    telltaleposted 13 years ago

I listen to rock music, but have to admit have not heard of Elliott Smith, maybe it's because I listen to the music of the more known bands than others.

19. ftclick profile image55
    ftclickposted 13 years ago

acid jazz  ( Moby, Massive Attack )

20. Jaynie2000 profile image83
    Jaynie2000posted 13 years ago

I love many kinds of music (except most country, rap, R&B, bubble gum pop and heavy metal...though I have my exceptions in every genre). I love alternative music and rock.

Some of my favorite performers include:
    Green Day
    Dave Matthews Band
    U2
    Sting
    Norah Jones
    Sade
    Marilyn Manson
    Eminem
    Lyle Lovett
    Ingrid Michaelson
    Coldplay
    Alanis Morrisette
    Garbage

21. multifunctions profile image60
    multifunctionsposted 13 years ago

percussion from all over the world. particularly like Indian percussion

22. PumpkinHead666 profile image61
    PumpkinHead666posted 13 years ago

god i love my music and would say:-

Korn
    deftones
    doors
    Pink Floyd
    Eminem
    GreenDay
    inFlaims
    Lob of god
    there are so meny

23. deancortez044 profile image35
    deancortez044posted 13 years ago

Depends on my mood. I love electronica when I am writing and need to get in a creative groove.

24. kashmir56 profile image77
    kashmir56posted 13 years ago

I like rock-classic rock,Beatles,Led Zeppelin,Jimi Hendrix,Queen,Pink Floyd just to name a few.

25. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years ago

Listening to Rolling Stones right now.

26. Sammyantha profile image69
    Sammyanthaposted 13 years ago

I primarily listen to west African drumming based music, Soukous, Salif Keita, and other African artists, but also like heavy rock and metal.

27. nikmaya62 profile image60
    nikmaya62posted 13 years ago

I like Rock progressive and jazz fusion. Dream Theater and Cassiopea is the best.

1. mom101 profile image59
      mom101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

All music that tells a story.  Western, folk, old gospel, country, rock, oldies, .....

28. tsh profile image59
    tshposted 13 years ago

I like different genres: rock, blues, brazilian music (mpb), samba, slow songs, power pop, classic metal... you name it! Lately I can't stop listening to Weezer songs and just discovered Richard Hawley's work! So addictive!!! But others like Morrissey, REM, Josh Rouse and Ryan Adams are always in my playlists too!

29. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

I enjoy and listen to most types of music found in the US.  I'm just beginning to explore music from other parts of the world, and so far like what I hear.

30. SuperGal profile image60
    SuperGalposted 13 years ago

Hmm, I don't listen to a particular genre, but I've always loved Coldplay, the Beatles, U2, the Strokes.  I also love really catchy, pop stuff like the Backstreet Boys.  I think it depends on my mood.  Right now, I'm listening to "The Promise" by When in Rome.  Awesome song!

1. tsh profile image59
      tshposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow... "the promise" is one of my best "one hit wonders" songs of all times! SuperGal you dug in deep, baby!

Humm, this just gave me an idea for a Hub! Thanx

31. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 13 years ago

I listen to everything. This is what I am diggin right now.The best R&B song no one has ever heard of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEscJWErZ0I

32. AliciaC profile image94
    AliciaCposted 13 years ago

I enjoy many kinds of music, but my favorites are classical, folk and world music.

33. profile image48
    Jstmeconmanposted 13 years ago

definently dubstep, hip hop, alternative rock, acoustic, rock, house, and pretty much all electronic music haha check out my blog if your into any of that and more http://live2shred.blogspot.com/2011/01/ … eez-u.html

34. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I go through phases, but I listen to everything, whatever the mood calls for. I'll put on headphones and really listen, it is one of my most favorite things to do.

35. austinlyan profile image61
    austinlyanposted 13 years ago

It depends on my mood. When i am so excited i listen to Rock songs. When i am sad and lonely, i choose Country songs. When i am happy, i like to listen to Pop songs. Music is one of the medicines for life.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)