jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Do you think You can Drive on wrong side :D ?

1. khmohsin profile image61
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

There are two type so driving, Left hand side and Right hand side, If you are left hand side driver, can you drive in place where rules are to drive in right hand side ? big_smile

I must say after a while I'll shift my car to other side unconsciously...

1. Polly C profile image88
      Polly Cposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I can.  We drive on the left and almost everywhere else drives on the right. Last place I hired a car was in Canada and I found the switch quite easy - but then again, the roads are so much calmer and less hectic than British roads. The main problem I had was when I came home, I found the switch back to the left a little odd for a couple of days.

2. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

We tried this in the Bahamas and almost got killed!

3. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

No probs. I drove across the States without any worries.... at least for me! lol

1. khmohsin profile image61
      khmohsinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It means you can drive easily smile

You know its not only practice, its actually mind game. If your brain is enough strong to give responses then you can do multi tasks smile

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Yeah, I did and survived. Had a few moments though big_smile

5. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I imagine it would take a little getting used to in faster traffic, but I don't think I'd have a problem.  I've done it for one reason or another and don't have a problem switching sides. 

Once I had to drive from one town to another in reverse (transmission problem, no road service, and reason to want the car towed from a specific place  lol), and it was pretty much fine.  lol

6. khmohsin profile image61
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

My brother tried this, he pushed wiper stick instead of indicator stick. he was so confused while driving that the whole system is opposite big_smile