jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Going to see Indiana Jones tonight!

1. Junkster profile image60
    Junksterposted 8 years ago

Carrying on our tradtition of going to see epic films like this on the first friday of release (Revenge of the sith, Matrix Revolutions-boooo!)  I'm off to see Kingdom of the Crystal Skull tonight with my brother.

Quite excited about it as The last crusade was on at the weekend on BBC1 but heard the critics are split over it.  I know critics and most modern fanboy types will slag any film off but I'm a bit nervous to see what happens.

Firstly, I can't stand Shia LaBoeuf (apart from the film he did where he played a young Downey jnr: A guide to recognizing your saints = awesome)  and also I know George Lucas has sort of lost his marbles when it comes to revisiting old cash cows.

Still, what did people think about it, assuming you've seen it?  I've stayed away from the online spoilers and reviews so I'm not disappointed.  The only thing I know for sure is **SPOILER** Sean Connery is not going to be in it sad but they explain where he is **/SPOILER**

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 8 years ago

I'm not crazy about Shia either, but he's not bad in it.  They do explain where Indy's dad is. 

And it might help to think that they're spoofing or riffing off of a 50s movie era.  A few moments were too cheesy but overall, I don't think it was a bad movie.

3. DJ Funktual profile image86
    DJ Funktualposted 8 years ago

Can't wait to see it but agree that Shia LeBoef has a career for no apparent reason.  Ever since he was in Project Greenlight, I knew he was soft.

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

He's got a career because Steven Spielberg is utterly infatuated with him.

4. ProCW profile image84
    ProCWposted 8 years ago

Cool. The previews look very good! I should be going sometime soon too!

5. embitca profile image81
    embitcaposted 8 years ago

The script was crap, Shia LeBoef was boring, but inoffensive, and Harrison Ford still kicks butt.  Overall, it was okay, better than #2, but not anywhere as close to as good as either the first or third one. I love Last Crusade.

If Shia LeBoef is going to take the lead role in future Indy movies, I will not be going to see them. I'll stick to National Treasure sequels. big_smile

6. Junkster profile image60

I saw it on friday after all, and it's interesting how my view and my brother's differed.  We normally like the same films and half way through we said to eachother that it was great, the ending made him laugh and changed his mind, he hated it just for the ending alone.

I admit that there are a lot of really bad/cheesy moments but overall I still loved it.  Shia LaBoef (don't know/care how to spell it! smile ) was totally unconvincing trying to be the tough guy, his entrance into the film alone made me laugh out loud.

The first 20 minutes basically served as a big notice - IT'S THE FIFTIES NOW, THE NAZIS ARE GONE, SAY HELLO TO THE SOVIETS, and alot of the "bits" seemed to be a hodge-podge of ideas that spielberg and Lucas had stored up over the years.

Did anyone ever play the Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis game?If they had made that as the forth one I'd have loved it, I think the ending sort of sent this film in to bat-s***-crazy territory, but it was fun and that's all I wanted from it! smile

ps.  Yeah, Last Crusade FTW

7. 59
    tnt012posted 8 years ago

i have to say i absolutely hated it cant put my finger on what it was but something wasnt right it didnt have the same feel the last crusade was awesome

8. Junkster profile image60

Just had a thought, needs more Connery!