jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Didn't quite understand one concept in Inception

1. Traqqer profile image77
    Traqqerposted 6 years ago

I just saw this movie and love it. I think Christopher Nolan is very good at telling stories in a very methodical and logical way, kinda like Spielberg and Cameron.

But I must have missed one point in Inception. How do the characters ensure that they enter the right person's dream? That is, how do they enter person A's dream rather than person B?

1. spookyfox profile image80
      spookyfoxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's one of those things the characters know but it's not explained to the audience because it's not relevant to the story, and the whole thing is so packed that there isn't much time for a lot of things that could be explored. If the matter of knowing whether they're in person's A dream was important to the story they'd explain it, but it isn't. You can imagine the suitcase they use is configured a certain way to allow one person to 'host' the dream.

2. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago

sorry guy, cant help ya as I have not seen the movie, but it sounds interesting!!

3. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

The movie "inception" is similar to another movie made with Dennis Quaid made years ago called "Dreamscape", which was about a secretive agency that did experiments with people who has psychic powers and could masterfully control not only their dreams, but enter the minds of other people and control their dreams as well.

It's about being able to control one's own mind and focus on a particular person, even if you don't know them, but have either read about them or seen a picture of them. The focus is supposedly a specialized tuning, if you will. If it is practiced enough and mastered, then it could be done.

Hope that helped.

1. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

cool. now two movies I want to see.

2. Stevennix2001 profile image84
      Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

wow, cags that's a good analogy on the whole concept of "inception." i hope you won't get mad at me for responding to your post, but i just wanted to say that was quite a good analogy.  plus, your like the only person that i know of outside of me and my father that actually caught onto how eerily similar "inception" was to "dreamscape." again, this isn't an insult, but a compliment.

1. Cagsil profile image59
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's okay. Thank you for the compliment. I've only seen bits and pieces of "inception" and didn't really care for the movie.

However, on the other hand, I enjoyed the Dennis Quaid movie Dreamscape so much, that I could sit and re-watch over again.

Inception, I could not even sit through watching the movie, but gathered the basic gist of the movie's concept. wink

4. skyfire profile image71
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

They showed some instruments to connect to each other's dream. But big mystery which you need to understand in the movie was except the couple (leonardo/his-wife) rest of the characters were projection of their minds. And it's revealed at the end of the movie.

1. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

oh, well...guess I wont need to see it after all.  wink

1. skyfire profile image71
        skyfireposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL. I think that was spoiler post.  tongue

5. Traqqer profile image77
    Traqqerposted 6 years ago

OK, thanks for the help.

It's a pretty good movie, but would be better if you just watched it without the expectations....without having heard the hype first. I like movies like these where the script is well-polished and there aren't any clear plot holes (or even a lot of little ones).

I also enjoyed Fireproof and Kick-Ass.

working