jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

...Need Movie Name Help, please.

1. 0
    MerlinsOakTreeposted 6 years ago

I saw it on WPIX NY on the Dr. Morgus Show at 12 pm on Saturday in 1987/88...

Basic plot: Empty Spaceship.  How did it get like that?  Female investigator is told she is going to be put on board the empty ship and the ship's computer has recorded all events.  She gets to watch the "holograms" of people on the ship during the last week.  The ship does not have enough fuel to reach their destination.  They try to lose as much weight as possible.  Amongst some of the heavy things they cast off the spaceship is a dream machine where we find one crew member is married (a big no no...she got married the day before they took off).  The crew members play poker.  There is nothing left to throw off the ship and they still need to lose weight.  The loser of the poker games will be ejected.  Finally, a man and a woman are left (and the investigator who is watching)...They play poker. As the man deals the cards (with the investigator sitting at the table with them), he "accidentally" deals the investigator a card.  He looks straight at her and says, "Oh, I'm sorry...".  He loses Poker to his girlfriend but refuses to be ejected.  Instead he kills his girlfriend with a knife.  Then, he turns around to the investigator and says, "Now, it's your turn." 

Chills me to this day and I have no idea what it's called!  It was a movie made from the mid to late 70's, maybe early 80's...but aired on Morgus' show... The man who kills looked a bit like Sam Groom but I'm not sure if it was...It is NOT the Space Watch Murders, btw...

1. 0
      MerlinsOakTreeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It was found!  It's called Warp Speed (1981) :-) I can't wait to see it again!

1. tantalizer profile image60
        tantalizerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

only 3.4 given to that out of 10 in IMDB

2. Canklefish profile image75
    Canklefishposted 6 years ago

Based upon the lengthy review you wrote, the film sounds interesting and chilling.

I'm gonna shoot over to Netflix and see if they have a copy available on DVD...

3. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Glad you figured it out, but in the future, fellow hubber Imadork has a hub designed for that purpose and is really good at figuring out old obscure movie titles for people.  Here's a link.  If it gets snipped for being too promotional, just look up the title "What's That Movie?" or go to Imadork's profile page.