jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Who are your Idols?

1. JP993 profile image87
    JP993posted 6 years ago

Who do you have the upmost repsect for? Living, non living, Celebrity,family.

2. 0
    jerrylposted 6 years ago

My older brother Bob.  He was 11 years older than me.

He came down with rheumatic fever in 1939, and was flat on his back for 3 years.  When he finally came out of it, he tried going back to school, but was teased by the other children, because of his age.
    He quit school and took correspondence courses in accounting, business management and took welding up as a trade to fall back on.

He worked his way up to manager at three different companies.
    He married and had three children.  He was selected to become the midwest regional manager for a beverage company, when he died in his hotel room while on a training mission.

The doctors told us that he wouldn't live to see 35.  He died at the age of 34.  We spent many weekends together. He taught me many things.  I still visit my sister in law, who has never remarried. I couldn't respect anyone more than him.

1. JP993 profile image87
      JP993posted 6 years ago in reply to this

A true inspirational idol,

3. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

My mother. She lived with an extremely difficult man for over 50 years, and as the last three years of his life came to an end, was his nurse maid until he died.

She put up with his abuse, macho attitude, and a lot more. She saved my life many times. My dad was a good man in many ways, but he was never easy to live with.

She is one of the greatest examples of unconditional love. But she's nobody's fool and not naive. She just has this gigantic heart for loving people.

1. JP993 profile image87
      JP993posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wow Danilel.