jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Anyone Watching HBO's Boardwalk Empire?

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

With Mad Men heading into its season finale, I am soooo glad there is a new miniseries diversion to keep me from hitting the skids.

Is anyone else watching the HBO series Boardwalk Empire set in 1920s Atlantic City and Chicago?
    Thoughts yea or nay?

1. Rhysjc profile image62
      Rhysjcposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wish, TV here in the UK is awful.

2. 60
      pandorabutterfly1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

absolutely! it is awesome!!!

3. tescosuicide profile image60
      tescosuicideposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I LOVE it! I Knew Jimmy was gonna re... umm... damn, don't wanna talk in case someone isn't up to date wink
      Mega show.

1. spookyfox profile image81
        spookyfoxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm watching it too, great cast and very stylish visually. If you're out on shows to watch, you should try with The Walking Dead that just started, it's from AMC, so if you like Mad Men you know they make quality shows.

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Bummer Rhysjc!
    I hope you can at least rent or buy some of the wonderful American series that are out on DVD such as
    Big Love
    The Tudors (love that one)

3. Mikeydoes profile image80
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

I am extremely excited about the series. I watched Eastbound and down last night, going to watch BWE tonight.

4. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 6 years ago

OMG LOOOOOVING Boardwalk Empire, it is coming close to finally settling into the Sopranos replacement for me... tongue

5. sim0n30 profile image60
    sim0n30posted 6 years ago

I have watched the first episode so far, the cast it great and i love the way HBO does things a little differently to the mainstream crowd.

6. Megavitamin profile image86
    Megavitaminposted 5 years ago

I really like Boardwalk Empire!  It can be a little dense (as in, a lot going on with a lot of characters), but it's intriguing.

The first episode was directed by Scorsese so it feels more like a movie than a TV show.  HBO definitely knows how to make quality productions.

Happy Watching, everyone!