jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (22 posts)

I can't decide which is funnier - Simpsons or South Park

1. Cheeky Girl profile image84
    Cheeky Girlposted 6 years ago

So which show is funnier? Is the Simpsons losing some of it's "funny" shine? Or is South Park more or less funny? I am laughing less and less at the Simpsons these days. While Cartman et al are as crude and nasty as ever...

1. Mikeydoes profile image80
      Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

For me it has always been South Park. Its okay not to choose though, the South Park guys are huge Simpsons fans, yet neither like family guy.

Simpsons is more comic book humor as to where South Park rips on everyone and everything.

Thats why South Park always wins in my book.

2. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would love to see then unite in one show as neighbours.  I can't decide either

2. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

South Park.

3. onepiecezone profile image60
    onepiecezoneposted 6 years ago

Definitely south park. The show is just too full of win. Simpsons is ok sometimes, but a bit more dry in humor.

4. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

you're both wrong.. Family Guy is funnier

1. Jim Hunter profile image61
      Jim Hunterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hate to say it but you're right.

1. Disturbia profile image60
        Disturbiaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I like Family Guy too.

5. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

South Park is just dumb.  Family Guy is the funniest.  Simpsons is a close second, nothing elsein the genre is worth watching at all.

1. Mikeydoes profile image80
      Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

someone's never watched south park

6. Cheeky Girl profile image84
    Cheeky Girlposted 6 years ago

When it comes to South Park, Parker and Stone take no prisoners.

7. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

I haven't had the chance to see the Simpson's version of Mr Hanky's Christmas hmm

8. 0
    mtsi1098posted 6 years ago

I will take Family Guy then the Simpsons...

9. lorlie6 profile image85
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

The Simpsons are genius.  No doubt about it!  South Park's a different sort of humor.

10. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 5 years ago

South Park is certainly more fun than Simpsons.

I was watching a really good one where Cartman was out to destroy family Guy, and when he gets there he finds a Bart Simpson like charactor waiting to destroy the show too. And Terrorists are getting ready to attack the U.S. over a family guy episode.

Some scientist comes along and talks everyone into putting their head in the sand, so the terrorist won't attack, and kyle tries to stop Stan from getting Family Guy taken off the air. The ending of the show is halarious, as the terrorists get their revenge on Family Guy! If you haven't seen it. It will either crack you up, or leave you disgusted. But It's very funny!

11. I am DB Cooper profile image66
    I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago

The Simpsons has lost its edge. The great thing about South Park is that because the animation is so cheap and the voices are almost all done by the show's two creators, Matt Stone and Trey Parker, they can make new episodes very topical. If a big event happens in the world, South Park can have a new episode making fun of it in a matter of a weeks instead of months.

12. inertia4 profile image60
    inertia4posted 5 years ago

Hands down it has to be South Park

13. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

Southpark family guy simpsons cleveland show they all cover different humar and are all great!  think it depends on your mood wich you like best but for me its south park! Yes the simpsons has lost a bitbut what do you expect after 20 plus years!!!

14. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

South Park is very edgy, but I still think you can't beat the Simpsons for irony.  Family Guy is just a piece of crap.

15. Extinct Soul profile image61
    Extinct Soulposted 5 years ago

Both are based on real situations and that's what made it funny.
    South park is filled with dark humor and bizzare adventures. I could incorporate the characters with my former classmates and my gradeschool experiences...while the Simpson's wiity innocence was the one that makes me laugh. It is fun to have both shows cause they can talk about everything and anything under the sun. Even the worst situation, still in a funny mode.

16. Cici2hip4u profile image60
    Cici2hip4uposted 5 years ago

Definitely South Park. I mean I know it can be crude and EXTREMELY inappropriate at times, but it's very smart writing. I mean I would have never made up the sayings and phrases they announce on the episodes. The Simpsons are actually very enjoyable to watch too, in my perspective. But Family Guy just wastes the 30 minutes of my entire life. Not worth watching; very cruel humor...

17. almurray profile image87
    almurrayposted 5 years ago

Simpsons wins. There is no comparison, it stands in a league on it own.

It manages to provide good humour without the profanity and rude behaviour. Similar to what Jerry seinfeld did as a comedian.