jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

Justin Beiber licks them all

1. thirdmillenium profile image73
    thirdmilleniumposted 5 years ago

The Net, especially Youtube, is unbelievably and quite irrationally full of hate and contempt for the lad. And, he had to go and win FOUR of the awards at AMA. So, who is laughing at who?

I am no fan of his by any reckoning though.

1. Music And Guitars profile image60
      Music And Guitarsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lol - you have just answered your comment in a round about way.

1. thirdmillenium profile image73
        thirdmilleniumposted 5 years ago in reply to this

But there is a difference. I do not hate him nor do I hold him in contempt

2. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The Jackson's were ridiculed by the non teeny bopper crowd back in the day, as were the Beatles and the Stones. Rite of passage.

3. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well Justin Beiber is a hot commodity right..NOW, but only time will tell if he has what it takes to have a long and lasting career over time.

2. Mikeydoes profile image81
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

Props to the little dude. I can't say I hate him or have problems with him. I have never heard his music. I do respect him though.

I saw him win artist of the year flipping through the channels, kind of by fluke, but he seems like a nice kid. He called Usher up and thanked him, it was pretty moving, really nice gesture on his part. Without Usher his success probably wouldn't have been near as successful.

3. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

I just him in concert with my daughter at the TD Garden in Boston.  I've been going to concerts for a long time and I thought this show was actually pretty lame. They tried to "spice" it up by getting the audience to "make some noise" by having the tweens scream at the top of their lungs to indicate their appreciation for the performers. But I was thinking like a parent, of course, and wondered what long term effect all this was going to have on my daughter's hearing.  In my day it was the music that made you deaf, not the screaming audience. 

Sean Kingston was one of the opening acts... I could have used an hour more of Kingston and an hour less of Beiber. I don't dislike the kid, but I just don't get what makes him so hot, other than he's cute. Of course, I'm not a tween-age girl.

4. Johnnie Black profile image61
    Johnnie Blackposted 5 years ago

i've heard so much about this kid and still have no idea what he sounds like

don't really care if i never find out tho

1. Ivorwen profile image85
      Ivorwenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would agree with that sediment!

All the hateful comments on youtube are really make one wonder.  Why is it so upsetting to people that some short 16 year old is making it big?

5. Daniel Carter profile image91
    Daniel Carterposted 5 years ago

He definitely not a veteran performer, and his live performances more than 5 minutes are going to be woeful for a while. But if they can transform Susan Boyle, they will also do wonders for Justin. I'm not a fan of Justin's, but he fills a need in the tween audience, and because of his sensational beginnings, he'll do fine, unless he does a series of Hilton's and Brittney's.

Even Miley Cyrus if falling out of favor now for her sluttiness, which is well deserved, IMO. It will be interesting to see how Justin does with his new fame and paparazzi status. Not many people handle it well. It will be an indicator about his parents and how they also handle it.

6. Broken Poet profile image61
    Broken Poetposted 5 years ago

justin beiber and his knid is the reason rock music is dying.... they're taking over the world yikes

7. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

I do find it annoying that youtube is full of comments about him.
    there will always be a 'Justin Beiber'; every generation has one.

I haven't honestly listened to one of his songs all the way through, but he's very young..

8. BritishRock profile image59
    BritishRockposted 5 years ago

Justin reminds me of the Hanson boys biggest artists in the world one year the next there gone.

9. Joesy Shmoesy profile image60
    Joesy Shmoesyposted 5 years ago

I say cheers to the young guy.  He isn't a Disney Or Nickelodeon kid who made it famous by having parents that actually have time to rush them around from casting call to casting call.  Normal kid with some talent discovered on youtube.  I think he's a role model for the young kids with dreams.  Here or gone, he had his moment and he inspired some kids.  Who gives a you know what, what people, that should have better things to do, say.  To each his own.  I always wonder why people that don't like something or someone take the time out to insult it.  Go do something you like instead.  Am I wrong?

1. NateSean profile image84
      NateSeanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree, accept that Debbie Gibson was sixteen when she wrote, recorded and produced her first hit single. And this was in a time before Youtube or before the Internet was even a gleam in Al Gore's eye.

Show me a kid that builds himself from nothing. And I mean, no computer, no Youtube account, no convenient location. But sings his ass off, goes to school every day, does his chores and still finds time to do what he loves.

Show me that kid and I will be impressed that he has a career now.

Justin Bieber is a marketable product. You only have to look at Lindsay Lohan' to see where people like Bieber wind up when no one finds him cute anymore.

That's not me insulting Beiber as much as it is looking down on the people who worship him for the wrong reasons. And then when he turns, are those people going to stand with him, or are they going to move on to the next big fad?