jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Palin as Environmentalist -- Believable?

1. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

Sunday night's episode of "Sarah Palin's Alaska" features Sarah and Bristol enjoying a mother-daughter experience on a halibut boat out in the Bay of Alaska. The bay is pristine and beautiful and rife with halibut are an essential (lucrative) food product for the state.
    My husband said to me, "Who is she kidding with this nature crap? That's exactly where she wants to "Drill baby drill" for oil!" 

Lo and behold, the next morning the following appeared in my emailinbox from the League of Conservation Voters:

"It's definitely one big cable buy.” That’s how Republican strategist Terry Sullivan characterized Sarah Palin’s new reality show on TLC.

“Sarah Palin’s Alaska” is like a weekly, one-hour TV ad that she’s using to improve her image and boost her political aspirations.

The irony is she’s trying to come off as a nature-loving protector of the great outdoors when in truth she supports climate change deniers and advocates for off-shore drilling.

We need to turn up the pressure and go straight to the paid advertisers of this “reality” show. We need you, our loyal grassroots members, to stand up and demand that these corporate sponsors stop funding Sarah Palin’s 2012 presidential campaign.

Sarah Palin and her PR team think they can manipulate the media to their advantage, creating puff pieces and phony situations to try and convince the American people that this ex-governor is a friend of nature and cares about our environment.

We don’t have to sit around and watch this happen. We can take a stand. So please, join me in fighting back and telling these companies that we know what Palin and her supporters are trying to do, and they shouldn’t be funding it.

Gene Karpinski
    League of Conservation Voters

1. kerryg profile image88
      kerrygposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I wrote a whole hub back during the '08 election about her appalling predator policy, too. She may pay lip service to good "stewardship" but she obviously doesn't have the faintest idea how ecosystems actually work. Extract, extract, extract is all she wants to do, and heaven help any critter she perceives as competition.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

She lost me in her support of wolf "culling" (for sport) from helicopters.

3. tritrain profile image77
    tritrainposted 5 years ago

That's what I thought of her ad, I mean show. 

I'm with Barbara Bush, Palin should stay in Alaska.  Preferably in a cave.

4. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

LOL. I don't generally agree with Barbara Bush on much (except that she's sort of adopted Bill Clinton as her son).
    But I gotta agree with what she said and how she said it.
    Take the hint, Sarah.