Movies that made you cry shamelesly

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (38 posts)
  1. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

It was "Life is Beautiful" for me.

Would you care to give yours, if any?

1. EmpressImani profile image61
      EmpressImaniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Imitation Of Life, right at the end where the daughter realises how much her mother loved her and that she herself has lost the only person who really loved her.

2. profile image0
      Jake Gene Barnesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Disney/Pixar movie, "Up" made me tear up during the opening segment. For those of you who have seen it, you know what I'm talking about.

3. Dave Harris profile image69
      Dave Harrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Finding Neverland was tough going!

2. awoodog profile image60
    awoodogposted 13 years ago

May sound weird, but there have been so many one that sticks out is 8 seconds. The point where the one bull rider Tuff Hediman rides the bull an extra 8 seconds for his friend who was killed by that bull, and does the wave to the crowd. But I am a softy and have cried through many movies.

3. kazemaru2 profile image61
    kazemaru2posted 13 years ago

Schindler's List was truly emotional for me

1. Dave Harris profile image69
      Dave Harrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Schindler's List for me too, can't watch it again either!

4. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

I cant remember what the name of it was but there was just a movie I watched recently. The girl had lukemia and the parents had another child to use medically for her. The child ended up taking her parents to court to be meically emacipated and her sister died.

1. KristenGrace profile image59
      KristenGraceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My Sister's Keeper

5. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Terms of Endearment.  It probably didn't help that it was about a mother of three young kids dying, because I had my own three young kids at the time; but - oh, brother. 

The other one was (believe it or not) Land Before Time.  I unwittingly bought that for my kids, and we all settled in to watch it.  One son was 12.  One son was 7.  My daughter was 4.  There was one part where the whole lot of us were all in varying degrees of tears/upset.  (I hid the movie after that. hmm)

6. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

there is a scene in I Am Sam where I burst out crying, sobbing.. it affected me so much I wrote a hub inspired by the movie.

a couple others off the top of my head.. Schindler's List. I can't watch it again.

Gladiator.. it's not just the movie itself, it's the music.
    very moving.

7. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

I had the same reaction to Land Before Time -- I watched it with my young son and it just brought out all the maternal instincts.
    Forget Mamma Grizzlies -- Mamma Brontosauruses rule!

One that I remember bawling my eyes out in the theater over was The Boxer with Daniel-Day Lewis. OMG, mascara running down my cheeks and everything!

8. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

The Notebook.  Some happiness but so sad at the same time.

9. camlo profile image85
    camloposted 13 years ago

La Vie en Rose ... I didn't actually cry, but was very moved when Edith sang 'Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien' at the finish. I think it was the way she moved out onto the stage as frail as she was, then belted out that song. Of course, it was only an actress in a movie miming to Edith Piaf, but still ...

10. LSKing profile image69
    LSKingposted 13 years ago

City of Angels.... gosh, that movie was such an emotional roller coaster. Made me cry like a baby!

Ooh Great choice!!!

1. LSKing profile image69
        LSKingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It makes me want to cry just thinking about it!

1. LSKing profile image69
          LSKingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Here is a clip with the music " The Arms Of An Angle "
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j42ApkIIdNc

Aww - Yes, it is very sad.

I remember falling apart the first time I saw that movie!!

11. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Homeward Bound

Ghost

Marley and Me

1. Urbane Chaos profile image90
      Urbane Chaosposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Marley and Me was a sad movie.. I watched it with a group of friends and I think half of them were crying by the time it ended..

I was crying like the whole second half of Marley and Me!!!

12. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

Blazing Saddles.  When the cowboy and the gay dancer hook up toward the end...
    sniff...

I have to go now. sad

1. thirdmillenium profile image60
      thirdmilleniumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ron, my God

2. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ron

I was not sad,  even the Irish were accepted in the end.

Don't feel down

13. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 13 years ago

Ya might laugh at me for this, but when poor Simba's father got trampled, I cried like a baby.. I'm not at all afraid to admit that The Lion King had that effect on me.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No laughing at all.  You have to be careful about what Disney movies you watch.  smile    We took our kids to see Oliver (the Disney version, with Oliver being a cat).   There was the box of kittens on a city street in the rain.  All the kittens were taken by someone who wanted a kitten - except for Oliver.  Oh, brother....    roll  I had to make sure my kids didn't see my face with that particular "knee-slapper"   (sarcasm, of course).    hmm

14. profile image0
    Go Writerposted 13 years ago

I've cried at lots of movies, but The Color Purple did me in.

I wouldn't even go see that one because I had a pretty good idea it was "one of those movies", based just on seeing snippets and hearing about it.   hmm  If I think I see those movies coming I won't go see them.

15. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...i don't like watching sad movies.....

16. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
    Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years ago

It's a secret! No, I'm just kidding. It's been such a long time for the real good ones to weep over, but I couldn't help but shed a tear when I watched Avatar... at the end.

Boohoo. Sorry, I didn't cry shamelessly. Only movie I cry like that is abuse stories.

17. Denise Handlon profile image85
    Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

'Precious'  was the last one I boo hooed about, although there have been many in the past.

18. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Movies that have happy endings are as likely to make me cry as sad movies.
    It's a Wonderful Life
    White Christmas (when the troops stand up for General Waverly the waterworks turn on for me)
    Jane Eyre
    Pride & Prejudice

Yup, good thing I own stock in Puffs lol

Years ago I saw one with Van Johnson starring.  It was about a guy and a dog.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050589/   I just had to find it because I didn't even know the name of it.

I watched it unwittingly one day when it was on tv.  Oh brother....   It looks like a harmless movie in the beginning, and it's OK enough to watch (as far as Van Johnson/dog/vaudeville movies go.   lol   The dog gets separated from Van Johnson but finds his way miles back to Van Johnson (through the snow, I think - and - like - miles and miles of walking down railroad tracks).  OMG!!   I didn't see it coming, but, again - other, brother.   Never have I sobbed so much over a movie!    lol   (and - really - the ending was happy)

19. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

The first was Love Story in 1971 (Ryan O'niell & Ali McGraw)

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ordinary People

Seems closed to home.

20. Don Ship profile image74
    Don Shipposted 13 years ago

A walk to remember - The best movie ever!

21. PierrePierre profile image61
    PierrePierreposted 13 years ago

Love actually

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)