jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (17 posts)

Batman and Spider-Man are getting broadway plays!

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

What do you guys think about Spider-Man and Batman each getting their own perspective broadway plays?  Please discuss. big_smile

Oh here's a behind the scenes video of the Broadway musical, SPIDER-MAN TURN OFF THE DARK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1fLZ-P0 … r_embedded

2. Stevennix2001 profile image82

come on it's superheroes singing on broadway people.  you can't tell me nobody else here has an opinion about that.  lollollol

3. Stevennix2001 profile image82

okay, fine, i'll comment then.  Although I don't usually watch plays, this is one I would definitely pay to see.  The previews alone look freaking bad a**.  Sure, it'll be weird seeing Peter Parker bust out a singing solo, or even do it during an intense battle with one of his enemies.  But it'll still be fun to see a comic book hero i used to read a lot of coming to life literally in front of me.  Don't you all agree?

4. kazemaru2 profile image60
    kazemaru2posted 6 years ago

Interesting to see broadway lose that much creativity. To reuse superheroes as a form of entertainment

5. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I agree, the lack of creative original ideas on Broadway is depressing.

6. Stevennix2001 profile image82

Hmm..I find both your opinions interesting but as I always say, people have a right to their own opinion. Thanks for commenting you two.

7. Stevennix2001 profile image82

bumps

8. Stevennix2001 profile image82

anyone else got something to say?

9. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

Batman and Superman as Broadway musicals - ROLF LMAO
    big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

Thank you that's the best laugh I've had all day! Bless you Stevennix! Love the Christmas kitty, btw!

Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

actually redelf it's spider-man and batman that's getting their own broadway musicals; not superman.  lol.  although if both these plays do well, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if a superman one would go into production soon. wink  lollol

Edit:  by the way, your welcome for the laughs.  Yeah, I wanted to use an avatar in light of the holiday season coming up.  Glad you like it.  Thanks.  smile

10. Second Act profile image85
    Second Actposted 6 years ago

As long as they make money, it helps Broadway as a whole, which in turn helps the lowly artists and musicians still struggling  to make a living in this country.  I say... bring on Superman if he can save the arts in America!

Yep, that's definitely true.  In the end, I can only see this benefiting broadway more so than hurting it if it works.  Besides, they already have plays with Shrek, so why not superheroes?

11. Stevennix2001 profile image82

anyone else got something to say?

12. Stevennix2001 profile image82

So what do you guys think?  You think Batman and Spider-Man will have great singing voices?  big_smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image84
      Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I read a review...they said Spiderman's opening night had a lot of bugs smile That is what the title of the review said, don't blame me...

Why would I blame you?  You didn't write the review. Plus, I was just kidding anyway about seeing the play, as I don't even live anywhere close to broadway.  lol  Trust me, if I did, I would go, but seeing as how I'm broke, then I won't.  Besides, from looking at the behind the scenes thing, the play looks like it's all flash but no substance.  However, I wouldn't mind seeing it anyway, as I always like getting a kick out of people's reactions to entertainment mediums.  Hence, it's probably about the only joy you'll hear me say I get out of bad movies.  Take "Piranha 3-D" for instance.  I hated that movie, but I loved watching the audiences' reaction to it more so than the actual film itself; because it a notoriously bad film.  I know, I'm funny like that.  That's why I wouldn't mind seeing this play.  I know it's going to be awful, but I want to see the audiences' reaction to it, if that makes sense. big_smile lol

1. Uninvited Writer profile image84
          Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I was just joking when I said don't blame me for that bad pun smile

working