jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Walking Dead Fans?

1. 0
    3 Finger Readerposted 5 years ago

Anybody out there been watching the series on AMC? I'm a huge fan and would love to talk to others about it!

1. rich_hayles profile image61
      rich_haylesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Now the series has finished I can honestly say I was slightly underwhelmed. My house mate built it up for about 6 months before the first episode aired having read the graphic novels.
      I also think it would be harsh to judge it on only 6 episodes, so I will also watch the next series which is due to be 13 episodes I think (might be wrong).
      The story was building up well,  the characters I felt no empathy for (granted in a zombie movie/series you expect everyone to die) and the effects/make up were done to a very high standard. Not enough action at times but on the whole a success.
      I heard the pilot episode got the highest amount of viewers for a cable show for the year, so its popular.
      What did you think about it? Looking forward to the new series?
      I must recommend the UK series Dead set from a few years ago, also a zombie mini series that I enjoyed a lot.

2. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

1. 0
      3 Finger Readerposted 5 years ago in reply to this
      1. animekid profile image83
        animekidposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was really dead set against the series just because of the subject matter, but I have been pleasantly surprised by the series and I am eagerly awaiting the new season.

3. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 5 years ago

I was hoping for more action too.  The sub-plots died off too quickly but then again there were only 6 episodes to work with.  I will eagerly await the next season and I hope things move along at a faster pace with more action.

4. arthurchappell profile image61
    arthurchappellposted 5 years ago

Really enjoyed it - not read the graphics yet, but the series certainly injects new life into the un-dead genre