Universal Studios Macy's parade pictures!

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

So last night I went with friends to see Universal Studios Macy's Christmas parade here in Orlando, Florida. I made a youtube video of it, but it did not seem to come out good.

However before the parade I took pictures of some of the characters walking around. I just LOVE those sexy candy cane girls, yum yum! tongue

The picture of the two girls by the Christmas tree are my good friends Ashley and Tami. Enjoy the pics! smile

http://orlandoinside.com/macys-parade/macys-parade-42.JPG

http://orlandoinside.com/macys-parade/macys-parade-31.JPG

http://orlandoinside.com/macys-parade/macys-parade-32.JPG

http://orlandoinside.com/macys-parade/macys-parade-39.JPG

http://orlandoinside.com/macys-parade/macys-parade-47.JPG

http://orlandoinside.com/macys-parade/macys-parade-14.JPG

smile smile smile

2. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Spectacular! Brings back memories from my Florida days. My oldest daughter and her hubby and kids were just down there last month, but I'll bet they didn't see anything quite like this!

Hey, you know what I'd love to see you write on that I never see anyone review (unless the place has changed...). When my kids were younger, we found that Fort Wilderness was THE BOMB when staying at Disney with kids around the 8 to 13 age group. This was before the lodge opened though. The mobile homes were a great setup! We had our own grill, picnic table, the kids had their own bedroom and we were able to make our own breakfast instead of getting all prettied up and venturing into a restaurant. And there was SO MUCH to do when we were sick of the parks. Hubby and I could relax with a glass of wine while the kids went off riding their bikes. Sigh... Those were the good old days!

Can you write on it for me....PLEASE? smile

Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Glad you like the pictures. Yeah your friends just missed the holiday stuff going on now at all the parks.

As for the Fort Wilderness campground at Disney,,, wow! I kid you not, I have a blog post set to publish tomorrow about it on my tourist site. You can find a link to it in my profile here.

So you can take a peek at it in there tomorrow if you want. However it's a bit all technical, just the facts about it, what you can do there, all that stuff. Got some pictures of the cabins (they don't call them mobile homes now, or maybe they changed them to the log homes).

However I could make a hub about them, need to backlink to my post anyway. wink

Give me a few days and I'll try to make a hub about it, maybe I'll even get some fresh pictures. smile

1. lrohner profile image68
        lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you need any testimonials or any info from someone who's stayed there quite a bit over the years, let me know.

3. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

Thanks for sharing! The candy cane girls are awesome.  What a cute idea.  Someday, I'll make it to Florida.  LOL

Yes you must try to get down here sometime. I'll show you and your family around just like a tourist guide! smile

ACK! Thanks for the invite, but remember -- I lived in Florida, therefore I do not visit anymore. smile SO not my favorite place!

Actually I was asking KCC, she said she would try to get down here sometime. smile

Yes I know, Florida is not what it use to be. Everyone is always complaining about how bad it has gotten, the new people who move here, etc,,

But I like it for now. However I tend to live on the fringe of society, so to speak. wink

Ha! Well, thanks for the non-invite then! tongue

I will admit that Florida gets better as you move north. I worked in Miami, and while I thoroughly enjoyed learning about different LatAm cultures, there were a whole lot of other peculiarities about the area that I did not enjoy. I really like Altamonte Springs though up in your neck of the woods. Some parts of it reminded me of the northeast.

Yeah I agree. I use to drive to Miami every night and hated it down there. I kept getting guys jumping on my hood trying to wash my windows, seeing guys peeing on the sidewalks, ugh.

Not my idea of fun at all. But places on the coast up in the middle to north Florida are nice. You can still find sleepy, nice seaside towns that are safe and clean. smile

Yup. Despite the fact that I grew to despise places like Marco Island and Naples, I completely fell in love with Sanibel. If I ever do lift my self-imposed Florida ban, that would be my go-to place. smile

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
        KCC Big Countryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's "over" from here....just a quick hop on I-20 (north of me) or I-10 (south of me) and a day's driving and I'll be there.

4. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

Bill, great pics! I heard this was the best week to go before the big crowds come in for the holidays. I was too busy to get over this past week, but my friend went and said it was beautiful.

love the candy cane girls! what fun. I want to go this holiday season! it's ridiculous I live less than 2 hours away and don't go more often. we used to go often when the kids were younger. they still go often, there's so much to do.

Ft. Wilderness is still very much alive and well and upgraded. I think there are 4 different campsites from a basic tent site to premium campsite, not including the cabins. my parents used to take my sons and spend the weekend in their rv at the campgrounds. a lot of Florida families buy yearly passes and use Ft. Wilderness.

Thanks rebekahELLE. Yes you gotta get over here and see the holiday stuff in the theme parks! Disney of course is the best one to see beautiful holiday lights and shows.

Universal Studios is a bit different, not as "Christmassy" so to speak. But as you can see they do have fun stuff. Plus they have The Grinch! smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Disney definitely makes it special. it does bring out the kid in us doesn't it?

I love living in Florida! I guess it may depend where you live and your lifestyle. I've lived in the Northeast, midwest, New Orleans and here and now I can't imagine living where it's cold for half the year... brrr. I did my snow, ice, cold years. I love the water, the sunshine and the beauty of nature here.

5. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I know what you mean about Miami. we lived there for one year and didn't like it. it is so overgrown now and just too many people. the other coast is completely different than the Atlantic coast. the Gulf coast is really very beautiful. also inland there's another feel to Florida, cities like Gainesville, Ocala and small cities north of Orlando are close enough for a trip to either coast, but in areas surrounded by forests, orange groves, horse country.

Geez, my oldest daughter is a Univ of Florida graduate. (GO GATORS!) She doesn't even like Gainesville anymore. Ocala is a bit different in that many parts of it are really horse country -- nice. My outlaws -- I mean my ex-inlaws -- live there, and it's pretty peaceful. My son has relocated to St. Augustine. It's not bad there at all.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yeah, Gators had a rough year. hmm I lived in Gainesville while in college. I haven't been there in years, but I absolutely loved it when I was a student. that's too bad she's feeling that way. I haven't spent too much time in St. Augustine, but really want to tour the city. There's a lot of history there and it it's got that old European look.

That's what my son tells me too about St. Augustine. And don't get me wrong -- my daughter loved Gainesville while she was there. But I think a lot of its hype is as a party town, and she's now married with twin babes and a third on the way. Gainesville has definitely lost its glitter for her... She still visits a couple of times a year, though, so it can't be all that bad!

So did you check out my Fort Wilderness post today in my site lrohner? What did you think of it?

6. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

beautiful candy cane women, I hope I can get there and drive.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)