jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (19 posts)

Who is your hero?

1. 0
    fashionjewelry10posted 5 years ago

I hear people say Iconic Infamous people all the time. Can you find the hero in you. My only hero's are my beautiful girls. They give me strength and a reason for being.

1. KristenGrace profile image60
      KristenGraceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Aw, that's very sweet to say.
      My hero would be my mom - She's very hardworking, understanding and accepting.  I love looking to her for guidance.

1. Castlepaloma profile image26
        Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Inspired by Michael Moore, yet prefer to be cautiously brave

2. 0
        fashionjewelry10posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you,  that is wonder ful.

2. Ken Crow profile image60
    Ken Crowposted 5 years ago

Great Question. I have to do this by category.
    1. Spiritual Hero's.
      a. Jesus for giving his life for all humanity and for loving us.
      b. Mother Theresa for her tremendous love of people and self sacrafice in the same light as Jesus.
      c. Gandhi for pretty much the same as above.

2. Sports Hero's.
      a. John Elway, Fareplay on the field, never say die attitude and his love of children. He also knows his role as a role model of youth and lives what he preaches. Met him twice and he is an incredibly gracious person and always has time to sign autographs for children. All around great guy from the sports world.
      b. Shawn Davis, you probably have never heard of him. World Champion Saddle Bronc Rider. Had his back broken in the early 70's. Doctor's said he would never walk again and he literally willed himself to not only walk, but came back and won another world championship riding bucking horses. Great guy, super gracious and humble and loves God.

3. Business Hero's.
       a. Donald Trump, he is tough but fair. He is honest and understands his own weaknesses. If I could have dinner with any Billionaire it would be Mr. Trump. I would love to pick his brain.
    4. Media Hero's
       a. Glenn Beck, Glenn is incredibly humble. Yes he is, I know people that know him personally. He loves God, his family, his fan's, his country and is genuinely trying to save America. He has an uncanny insight into the true problems facing our country and is trying to do something about it. Yes, he is making a good living doing so, but, his passion for America and her woes are what is driving him, not the money. He could very easily sit back and write books, have his radio show and make a great living, without the other. He chooses to risk his life to try to help. Hat's off to Mr. Beck...Yes, he now has to have body guards because of all the death threats against him.

5. Patriot Hero's
       a. Ronald Reagan, without question the most devoted patriot in the last 100 years. I truly admired this man and still do. He had an incredible ability to inspire people to rise up and be proud of being Americans. He brought pride back to this land. God, how I wish he were President today.

6. Unnamed Hero's:
       a. Our brave boys and girls that serve this great nation. Anyone in uniform that is putting it on the line for America.
       b. The person that can get to Michael Moore and hook him too a battery and put cables on his chest and force him to renounce his communistic ways and become a lover of this great nation. I absolutely despise this cowardly piece of crap. He slams America and commits border line treason, yet leaches money from our citizens to become a multimillionare movie producer and the entire time runs down America. I think he ought to be stripped of his money and relocated to Havana where he can have tea with Castro. The guy is a slob who needs to be run out of this country.

1. 0
      fashionjewelry10posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Very detailed hero's list. Thanks for sharing.

3. onrea profile image60
    onreaposted 5 years ago

My heroes are anyone who overcomes and fights for success despite unfavorable circumstances.

We see many people like this throughout history however there are millions of everyday people that overcome as well just by surviving life!

4. Wayne Orvisburg profile image82
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 5 years ago

My grandfather and a Marine friend of mine that gave his life saving 3 people from being crushed by a truck only to be crushed himself.

5. Disturbia profile image59
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

My mother.

6. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

The two greatest human beings in the history of the world...

Pierre Trudeau - Former Prime Minister of Canada

Michael Palmateer - Former Goaltender for the Toronto Maple Leafs

7. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

My Mom, definitely!

8. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

my mama and my papa

and of course this one from CNN  -- a woman with a beautiful heart --  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8Hlb7cM … re=related

9. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

My hero ....is Jesus and Mother Theresa. Oh I have learned what it is to love from Jesus and Mother.. an awesome woman who would serve the man who spat on her face.. following every thing Jesus himself did and said. I wish I could be like them that would be my only desire.
    Not to forget...
    My Dad a man of integrity , my mom a woman of courage.. and My lovely brothers who have stood together despite the odds smile

10. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 5 years ago

My flesh-and-blood hero? My mom. She's gone now, but she was the most unselfish person I've ever known.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image65
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yes, most moms are, bet you are one of them

here is another hero, you of course...

lyrics from the song of Mariah Carey -- Hero

"Dreams are hard to follow
      But don't let anyone
      Tear them away"
      "So when you feel like hope is gone
      Look inside you and be strong
      And you'll finally see the truth
      That a hero lies in you"

11. katiem2 profile image61
    katiem2posted 5 years ago

I second the "My Girls"  My daughters are my hero's as they are so understanding, realistic and motivated to be good people and reach out to others.  They use everything they have, appreciating their gifts and work hard to utilize them.  I adore and admire their strength and direction!  smile

12. 0
    fashionjewelry10posted 5 years ago

Mom,dads and children are doing a great job becoming heros.

13. Joy56 profile image60
    Joy56posted 5 years ago

I would have to say my mum, but unfortunately she has died....... i cannot believe it still.  My husband i suppose now, he always tried to be, and now i am passing on the job to him..... He is happy about that.

14. Broken Poet profile image59
    Broken Poetposted 5 years ago

I hav 2... one is gerard Way (hottie)
    and the other is Jack The Ripper