Wasnt Kate Gosselin a joke on Sarah Palin's Alaska?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (46 posts)
  1. David 470 profile image80
    David 470posted 13 years ago

I saw an episode where Kate Gosselin and her kids went camping with sarah palan on her reality tv show. She did not seem to be enjoying it when they were camping, and was complaining. Her facial expressions were negative, and she was asking whats the point of camping when you can be in a lodge etc...

I always found her to be conceited, and basically a di*k. Why did she even go on the show?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

I guess TLC wanted some cross-promoting. It is so ridiculous when reality "stars" show up on other reality "stars" shows.

I'm waiting for Kate Gosselin's kids to grow up and sue her ass...
    I used to watch that show but was tired of her prima donna tendencies.

David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

In a way, I thought it was cool, but considering Kate Gosselins attitude, no way.

She seemed like a different person when she was younger. I saw videos of her when she first met John Gosselin. She was very happy, and a bit silly. Now she seems like she is conceited or has some kind of bad attitude idk...

Sarah Palin tried not to say anything about her when she was complaining lol

2. Don Simkovich profile image60
      Don Simkovichposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wrote an article on Assoc Content about the kids bearing the brunt of the reality silliness . . . it's been a good living for Gosselin financially . . . we'll see what happens in 7 or 8 years with the kids.

3. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Man, they are really reaching to put Kate Gosselin on Sarah Palin's Alaska. Talk about your mismatch.
    So who's next to be hosted in the lovely outdoors with lovely Sarah and her lovely family?
    Here are MM's top 10 picks to appear in future episodes:
    10. John McCain (I wonder if he'd make it out alive)
    9.  Oprah (she loves camping about as much as Kate G)
    8.  Christine O'Donnell (you know, the non-witch)
    7.  Glenn Beck (let's see how cozy he and Sarah REALLY are)
    6.  Joe Miller (Alaska's newest non-celebrity)
    5.  The guy from Survivorman
        (let's see how earthy Sarah REALLY is)
    4.  Michael Moore (it's been too long since he did an exposee)
    3.  Charles Barkley (what a hoot!)
    2.  Sharron Angle (find out if Sarah can really shoot or not)
    1.  Paris Hilton & Nicole Richie (dontcha miss "The Simple Life"?)

That would be cool if the guy from survivor was on it lol. Bear Grills I think.

2. profile image57
      foreignpressposted 13 years agoin reply to this

11. Whoopie Goldberg/Joy Behar

Talk doesn't cut it in the wilds. Only the walk.

3. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure camping in Alaska would seem like the Ritz to McCain, compared to the POW camp he spent time in.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image81

How long will it be before the cast of Jersey Shore shows up?

omg, I hope not lol

2. Petra Vlah profile image59
      Petra Vlahposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Both Palin and Kate have big egos, little brains and an unique talent to make fools of themselves every time they get a chance. They don't even care what people think of them, all they want is to be on the news and never have their names ignored.
      It is us who are turning them into celebrities, by promoting mediocrity at all levels

I do not have nothing wrong with sarah palin. Shes nice, and is not conceited like kate gosselin.

I just wish people would stop hating on Sarah Palin. I thought it was good to not care what other people think though?

I don't think Sarah Palin could be President though. Her person does not really fit that of a president

1. Petra Vlah profile image59
          Petra Vlahposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am not surprised you like Palin since your grammar and writing skills are as good as her general knowledge. I think she also attended a community college and it seems to me the standards are not too high

1. profile image0
            SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/beverly-hillbillies-2.jpg

The family in this photo were millionaires.

2. Jim Hunter profile image61
            Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are a very kind and loving soul.

2. plogan721 profile image79
          plogan721posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I cannot say that I do not like Palin, nor do I hate her either,  she is just plain annoying.   She seems so stuck upish, I did not like her comment on Sunday's show about those of us who live in the lower 48 states.  I can understand why she likes her state, but to me she does not have much compassion for those of us who do not hunt, fish, and do other Alaskian things.   She acts like no one hunts or fish but Alaskians.   I feel like that both her and Kate G needs to get a gripe on themselves.   But I do not like how people can hate on Kate either.  People make their own choices in life, but it seems to me that if you do not like something, do not pay attention to it.  For that reason is why I do not watch her show or Jersey Shore.  I just happen to watch this one because of Kate G.

On Kate's attitude....this could be the very reason why her daughter Maddy acts the way she does.   she really did not have to do this.   Sometimes I think Kate puts herself in these situations just to complain.

In my opinion, Palin is a nice person and means well. I just think shes a bit silly at times lol. Kate Gosselin, on the other hand, seems mean and rude.

2. profile image57

Sarah Palin should be applauded for setting an example for the rest of us. She is dynamic, effervescent, a wit in a world of drolls, and has proven that the American Dream is alive and well. All of us should follow her stellar  example. Case in point: She is being pursued by Dancing With The Stars execs. An appearance by Sarah would elevate that show to astronomical heights. If you thought Bristol was stunning you ain't seen nothing yet.

1. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I gotta ask.  Are you being sarcastic, or are you serious?  I honestly can't be sure.

1. profile image57

Quite serious. Make no mistake, Sarah has redefined the meaning of true grit. Those who find Sarah Palin irksome obviously have low self-esteem. Word has it that DWTS has doubled its offer for her appearance.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image81

Hey. I went to community college. I'm not a fan of Sarah Palin but that is being a little general.

1. Jim Hunter profile image61

"Hey. I went to community college."

Yeah, but I'm sure Petra thinks you studied the right subjects.

6. Paul Wingert profile image59
    Paul Wingertposted 13 years ago

Kate a joke on Palin's show? Kate is not a joke. She is a miserable bitch. Palin is a joke.

7. Beege215e profile image59
    Beege215eposted 13 years ago

Two reality comedy shows, both of them mean jokes on the American public. Kate wasn't having fun because they were not on Rodeo Drive shopping, but Sarah was having fun because the whole thing made her look a lot better than her buddy Kate. She was able to keep her plastic smile in place even in the rain while Kates slipped way down into a frown.  Poor Kate.

I give Kudos to Palin for not saying anything negative about her.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image81

The sooner all reality show disappear the better the world will be...

9. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I don't hate Palin - I just find her extremely annoying, and I DO NOT want her as my president!

I don't even disagree with all her views. In fact, I like the idea of hunting and fishing to provide food for your family. I used to do a lot of that, myself. I believe Palin has done a fair amount of fishing, but the show on which she shot the caribou was a joke. She didn't even know how to load the gun. And it took her 5 or 6 shots before she even hit the animal. It was obvious that she hadn't done much (if any) previous hunting.

I totally disagree with those who are bashing Palin for killing a caribou, however. If you did that and are a meat eater, you're a hypocrite. I assure you that wild animals harvested from hunting have a much better life - and death - than those that are raised commercially. If Sarah shot the animal just for appearances and isn't going to eat the meat, then shame on her!

Finally, someone that sees how I see it. I have nothing wrong with Palin as a person - in fact I like her show.

I could not see her as a president though. She just does not seem to fit in that niche. Shes a little bit to silly, and I could not see her being one.

That's true about the hypocrite part. Many people are hypocrites and do not even realize it. There are plenty of hunting shows that show a lot more of the shooting of animals then Sarah Plains show anyway,

10. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

I like Kate,havent seen her for awhile ,actually havent seen much TV for the almost 10 mths -haha (except DVD's hubby might rent out.

Geeze Ive done the camping thing for years a la natural, no fancy pre-packaged food either,would put those survivor contestants to shame...but lodge or mosquito's? cooking over a camp fire..

hell noooo...gimme the lodge

Mighty Mom you are hilarious lol but I didnt see my name on that list anywhere...I'll re-check lol

11. Beege215e profile image59
    Beege215eposted 13 years ago

I have always said that the only place I camp when away from home is at the nearest Hilton.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with that smile

12. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I loved camping when I was younger. Now I prefer a condo or vacation house on the beach!

13. Mighty Mom profile image77

Eagle Kiwi -- GREAT idea! We can make a list of fellow hubbers we would like to see go on Sarah Palin's Alaska. Bonus points for describing what special talent or situation the hubber should be shown in (hunting, fishing, climbing a glacier, knocking up another one of the Palin daughters, etc...)
    Ha ha!

"knocking up another one of the Palin daughters, etc..."

I expect better from you MM.

But, I wouldn't mind watching Sarah and Kate do a little KY wrestling.

lol !

2. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll volunteer. Could I outfish and outshoot Sarah? You betcha! lol

14. Nick Malizia profile image60
    Nick Maliziaposted 13 years ago

To the Church of Sardis: ...I know your deeds; you have the reputation of one who is alive, but you are dead. Wake up!

15. Jamie Brock profile image90
    Jamie Brockposted 13 years ago

Darn it!! I hate that I missed this episode!

16. Mighty Mom profile image77

Sorry, Jim, but Sarah brought that one on herself. In the first episode she made a big-ass deal about the baby gate she now has across her stairs. She said no BOYS are allowed upstairs. after her daughter Willow went up to her room (in a huff over something her mom had said). Yes, I did a double take. But she said it more than once -- in case anyone missed it the first time.

Guess this must be a new rule -- like locking the barn door after the horse has run off, ya know?

I was only kidding, you are entitled to be as ornery as you want to be.

But I was dead serious about the KY wrestling.

17. Mighty Mom profile image77

Habee -- I have NO doubt you could out-shoot and out-fish Sarah Palin! You'd also make a helluva better president than her, too!

18. Mighty Mom profile image77

That's not ornery. Catty, perhaps. But based in truth....

I personally would not want to see Kate Gosselin do anything. She's in the same category as Octomom. Exploiting her kids for fame and money. Not my idea of entertainment.

I had forgotten about octomom, she's kinda hawt in a skanky sort of way.

19. Amy Becherer profile image68
    Amy Bechererposted 13 years ago

I say they were both in like company.  Very fitting, as I find them both witless, self absorbed, not very likable and sometimes, detestable individuals.  But, by the same token, it gives me pause as to who really is the brightest?  They have the uncanny ability, both of them, to continue to catch the imagination and interest of the public and on that principle alone, have become very wealthy.  In that capacity, they each have me beat.

20. Mighty Mom profile image77

Jim: That is so wrong on sooooo many levels. roll Besides, she doesn't do men. She prefers turkey basters lol
    Amy: You've got them both pegged. There is no justice, is there?

Maybe you (and I) will one day find a niche that will make us a gazillion dollars and we can enjoy an 80% disapproval rating.
    Gosh, wouldn't that be SWELL???

"Jim: That is so wrong on sooooo many levels."

Don't judge me don't you dare judge me.

It was kind of wrong though....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)