jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Black Swan

1. 61
    were123posted 5 years ago

My personal idea is black swan. Black swan is a girl who dances on stage marries the riches man ever and thinks some one is after. With a twisted plot and 3 golden globe nominies and 3,000,000 people across the world have seen it why wouldn't you see it to. P.S I GIVE 5 STARS.

1. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I saw it and it was a great movie. Portman deserves an Oscar for her role!

2. Lexe Charleston profile image77
    Lexe Charlestonposted 5 years ago

I can't wait to see this movie. I have a feeling it will be one of my favs of the year. I keep hearing really good things about it.

3. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 5 years ago

Natalie is a superior actress, but I hate watching masochism played out in such detail.  The dancing was good.  The ballet finale was spectacular, the psycho-babbel aspect of it was terrifying.  All in all typical modern cinema "entertainment".  Pain, terror, paranoia, "mastering the art of" bullshit.  Loved, what's her name as the antagonistic sensual bitch who was just trying to "help" the white swan side - was this supposed to be Jungian?

Was rather more like Coppelia than I would have thought possible, but that's the balletomaine's world.  If I had a daughter who was compulsively set on being a ballerina, I might take her to see it, just so she'd know what to avoid.

4. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

It was okay, the acting was good though, and I liked how they portrayed the stresses loaded on to the ballerinas.

5. Cheeky Girl profile image86
    Cheeky Girlposted 5 years ago

Natalie Portman is fantastic in this film, she might win an oscar for this film. big_smile