jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (18 posts)

What was your favorite move in 2010?

1. ahostagesituation profile image78
    ahostagesituationposted 5 years ago

I loved "Inception," and...well, "Tangled," though I had to hand over my adulthood to watch it. I loved it! I found it very believable.  In my defense, this wasn't the best year for movies.  What was you favorite movie this year?

1. Genna East profile image89
      Genna Eastposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would have to say Inception.  No one plays with our heads like Christopher Nolan, and he rarely presents us with a resolution we are accustomed to in films.  The dream within reality within the dream was great!  The maze within the maze was a terrific metaphor.  The ensemble acting kept me glued to the screen as well as the extraordinary special effects.   My one minor disappointment was Mal; I just didn’t find her very sympathetic for some weird reason…oh, and I was also disappointed to see that Cobb doesn’t wake up from his dream at the end of the film.

2. Midnight Oil profile image92
    Midnight Oilposted 5 years ago

'Inception' rocked for many reasons in a Matrix kinda of way.

The re-make of the 'Karate Kid' was good too, wasn't expecting too much, but was really impressed.

Harry Potter latest and Wall Street 2 were a bit disappointing...

1. ahostagesituation profile image78
      ahostagesituationposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Liked Karate Kid...and yeah, I wasn't expecting a whole lot either.  That boy really is the personality combination of his parents.  I remember Jada from when I was a kid. I see her style in him, and definitely his dad's demeanor also.

3. Don Ship profile image81
    Don Shipposted 5 years ago

I liked Inception a lot!

4. Lexe Charleston profile image76
    Lexe Charlestonposted 5 years ago

Social Network, Scott Pilgrim & Kick Ass. I also liked Inception, Alice In Wonderland, and True Grit. Haven't had a chance to see Black Swan yet though (and love many Aronofsky movies!), so when I have a chance to see this one it may be at the top of the list.

5. arthurchappell profile image61
    arthurchappellposted 5 years ago

The Illusionist was a wonderful film, as was Where The Wild Things Are. Inception was pretty cool too

6. John Redfern profile image60
    John Redfernposted 5 years ago

Another vote for Shutter Island here.

7. Yuan Tian profile image89
    Yuan Tianposted 5 years ago

Inception, definitely. I can't believe Leonardo DiCaprio didn't get a Golden Globe nomination

8. Wendi M profile image83
    Wendi Mposted 5 years ago

True Grit.

I tried to take my granddaughters to see Tangled at 2 different theaters yesterday, and ran into problems at each one.

9. KCC Big Country profile image82
    KCC Big Countryposted 5 years ago

Inception and Burlesque!

10. Sarah Masson profile image78
    Sarah Massonposted 5 years ago

Inception for sure, I thought it was brilliant smile

11. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

I loved Inception.

I'm finally going to see Social Network this afternoon.

Shutter Island was pretty good, I wasn't that impressed with Alice in Wonderland although it was fun to watch on an Imax screen.

1. 0
      Kathryn LJposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I loved Alice in wonderland, but it would be dull if we all liked the same thing.

12. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 5 years ago

I just bought this one last night - Dinner With Schmucks... I'm such a tough critic when it comes to comedies and this one made me laugh out loud smile

13. hoodieweather profile image61
    hoodieweatherposted 5 years ago

My top three movies of 2010 were Inception, Black Swan, and Karate Kid. I think I'm going to be the first to say that I liked Avatar: The Last Airbender as well. smile

14. Broken Poet profile image61
    Broken Poetposted 5 years ago

i definatly liked human centipide (i'm a horror freak) and dispicable me

15. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

my favorite move is this -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJVAYrk22tU -- comedy act LOL

sorry -- movie- Shrek and Toy Story