Has a song ever made you cry?

Jump to Last Post 1-43 of 43 discussions (57 posts)
  1. Don Ship profile image75
    Don Shipposted 13 years ago

If yes, which one? big_smile

1. N.E. Wright profile image72
      N.E. Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Imagine, by John Lennon.

2. profile image58
      Hailey Monackoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

my wonderful fan "Ronnie" has said she cried at the end of my song in response to a product review on   http://www.amazon.com/Concreto-au-Violi … amp;sr=8-2

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

the one that gets me every time is in the Gladiator soundtrack- Now We Are Free. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owg-NaUo … r_embedded

1. Don Ship profile image75
      Don Shipposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This one is way too awesome. I love the movie! One of the best movies ever made! smile

3. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago
    1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...amazing song....

4. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

Taps at every veterans funeral. Without fail.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hey ralwus...droppin' by to say hi!

2. KristenGrace profile image61
      KristenGraceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile Reminds me of my pop pop's funeral...

5. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

too many to name, however, the most recent I can think of is Temporary Home by Carrie Underwood.

1. KristenGrace profile image61

That was one of the songs to inspire my novel Letting Go - I put that in as part of the soundtrack I created for HP.

6. couturepopcafe profile image60
    couturepopcafeposted 13 years ago

Yes.  In fact a friend of mine sent me a YouTube video today which made me cry.   It's really beautiful - Auld Lang Syne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vC8Hffm9BE

7. Malcolm_Cox profile image62
    Malcolm_Coxposted 13 years ago

Everytime You Go Away by Paul Young

This was the song from Planes, Trains and Automobiles when John Candy and Steve Martin walk down the street at the end of the movie, carrying the infamous chest.  I'm a 35 year old guy and I cry like a child evety time!!

1. L.L. Woodard profile image68
      L.L. Woodardposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That movie is one of my favorites and the song at that point of the story is very moving.

8. profile image0
    jerrylposted 13 years ago

Four songs come to mind.

Daddy don't you walk so fast by Wayne Newton

Honey   by
    Bobby Goldsboro

He stopped loving her today by George Jones

another by George Jones is called     The grand tour.

9. Julie2 profile image61
    Julie2posted 13 years ago

Wow, good question.
    There is one that I have been able to relate to so well that tugs at my heart strings and makes me cry everytime is:

Chicago- Will You Still Love Me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebrfFK_5xXA

and

Lee Greenwood- God Bless The USA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65KZIqay4E

It may be corny to some but this one gives me chills whenever I hear it. Its a reminder of the worst day I have ever been witness to, 9/11/01. It is something that will always stay with me.

10. Froggy213 profile image61
    Froggy213posted 13 years ago

As my wife just passed away in November at 49, I have many songs that make me tear up--but the 1 I had played at Jonda's funeral is the most tearful of all:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCvgXw-Bh04

1. profile image0
      Pachuca213posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am so sorry for your loss.

11. profile image0
    Pachuca213posted 13 years ago

What hurts the most- Rascal Flatts...without fail.

1. Julie2 profile image61
      Julie2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh Pachuca213, that is such a beautiful song. They did a tremendous job on that one!

2. KristenGrace profile image61

Good choice.

12. Sarah Masson profile image59
    Sarah Massonposted 13 years ago

Gone Too Soon by Michael Jackson
    Starry Starry Night by Don McLean

13. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Lol, commercials make me cry!

Songs that get me:

Braveheart song
    100 Years
    Daisy a Day
    Where are You Going, My Little One (Turn Around)
    Honey
    How Can I Help You Say Goodbye (by Reba)

If You Get There Before I Do (This one really turns on the waterworks!!)

Another one that always makes me cry is Rainy Night in GA.

14. tony0724 profile image61
    tony0724posted 13 years ago

I as a man will never admit I cry. But I will say that Stevie Wonders " Love is in need of Love Today ", gets me kinda choked up ! If this song does not move you , you don't have a pulse !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z2LNsifEzg

1. profile image0
      Pachuca213posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Tony- that is an absolutely wonderful song! Good choice.

15. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

another one that chokes me up, especially towards the last chorus. I've sobbed during this part, not in a sad way.. just overwhelming..
    Circle of Life
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga-ijQP0 … r_embedded

16. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

My first year teaching music I decided I was going to have a chorus. A bunch of fourth and fifth graders signed up and we were soon asked to perform a farewell song to all fifth graders that were graduating to middle school that year. I picked "Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Midler. We were unable to perform the song because the chorus girls kept on crying and SOBBING!!!

Talk about a tear jerker!!!

17. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Amazing Grace
    Ave Maria
    In My Life

18. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

A lot are broadway tunes.  Off the top of my head, Somewhere from West Side Story and Not While I'm Around from Sweeney Todd.

Another one is Sunrise, Sunset from Fiddler on the Roof.

19. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 13 years ago

Frequently. One I can remember that did this was Mandy by Barry Manilow.

20. CMCastro profile image71
    CMCastroposted 13 years ago

"I Can Hear Your Voice" performed by Michael W. Smith on the Worship Again Album ushers in the Holy Spirit and moves me- I find myself visualize the whole beautiful experience of seeing my baby girl for the first time as she touched my lips when I held her in my arms. When I let go and Let God, I am purified by the touch of this Song.  It's effect is Powerful.

21. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

Alan Jackson-"Remember When"  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTA2buWlNyM

Darryl Worley-"I Miss My Friend"  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zNf4sOO_mg   (be sure to watch to the end to understand the implications fully)

22. Emily Hopkins profile image61
    Emily Hopkinsposted 13 years ago

"Forever" by Dropkick Murphys.

23. profile image0
    Toby Hansenposted 13 years ago

The Last Post on Rememberence & ANZAC Day, and Queen's Love of My Life from A Night At The Opera.

24. Joesy Shmoesy profile image60
    Joesy Shmoesyposted 13 years ago

I can not get through Cats in the Cradle by Harry Chapin, without sobbing.  I have to change it if I am driving.  The song makes me want to rush home and spend time with my children before it is to late.  I'm about to cry now...

25. L.L. Woodard profile image68
    L.L. Woodardposted 13 years ago

The Star Spangled Banner brings me to tears of pride.

"Dance with My Father" by Luther Vandross.

"Puff the Magic Dragon"  as a child I cried because the dragon was going to be lonesome...as an adult, I cry for the loss of childhood innocence and imagination.

26. Broken Poet profile image61
    Broken Poetposted 13 years ago

the jetset life is gunna kill you, it's not a sad song but Gerard Ways voice is so beautiful i just had to do something...
    (don't judge me i'm just a kid) big_smile

27. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

Amazing Grace by my grandmother

28. profile image0
    jerrylposted 13 years ago

Tears in Heaven  by Eric Clapton

29. profile image0
    Aleister888posted 13 years ago

Gosh so many to mention... the most recent was the last movement of of Tchaikovsky's 5th, very powerful

30. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago
  31. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 12 years ago

better to ask:  what song has NOT made me cry?  especially the way some people sing them!  smile

32. Christene profile image61
    Christeneposted 12 years ago

Angel by Sarah McLachlan
    http://youtu.be/2LuGzwNy2ws

33. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 12 years ago

yes, its called if I die young...

34. IJR112 profile image61
    IJR112posted 12 years ago

A couple of classical music pieces have made me cry.

-The last movement of Beethoven's 9th Symphony
    -Chopin's nocturne op.48 no.1
    -Rachmaninoff's Prelude op.23, no.4
    -2nd movement of Beethoven's Emperor Concerto

1. profile image0
      juliafranceschiniposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm with ya on the classical music.

For me it's Panchelbel's Cannon.

35. ediggity profile image61
    ediggityposted 12 years ago

The Song That Never Ends- Lambchop

Please make it stop.  smile

36. Alecia Murphy profile image72
    Alecia Murphyposted 12 years ago

I loved "Forever" by the Beach Boys. When I saw it on Full House I didn't know it was by them, but I still love that song. "I'll Be There" is another one, especially after Michael Jackson died there was a State Farm commercial and felt myself almost breaking down but I'm glad I didn't. For me it's usually about the context of hearing a certain song rather than the song itself.

37. MDonaldson profile image59
    MDonaldsonposted 12 years ago

Ya, anytime I am going through anything really negative in my life, I always feel like lyrics in certain songs are singing directly to me. For instance strangely "So Lonely" by the Police really messed with me after me and my wife broke up.

38. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 12 years ago

yeh, and that one about Grandma getting run over by Santa Claus!  that really messed with me

1. ediggity profile image61
      ediggityposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I always thought it was a reindeer.  You've just added a new chapter of devistation to my life. sad

39. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

"Has a song ever made you cry?"

Many have made me feel so damn, damn good; including my eyes getting wet.

I really should start finding out which those songs were.

40. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

As in finding them and doing it again.

41. TeriSilver profile image95
    TeriSilverposted 12 years ago

Collin Raye's "Love Me"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycze0tiMAPwv

and Kathy Mattea's "Where've You Been."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHzMGM9qyZw

I suppose there are a couple of others, but these are "staples."

42. brandasaur profile image60
    brandasaurposted 12 years ago

Same Pachelbel's Cannon rockapella version smile

43. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 12 years ago

The Luther Vandross song Dance With My Father.  I cannot bring myself to even play the song anymore......it is too heartwrenching for me.  Reminds me of when my father died............

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)