jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

TLC reportedly pulls plug on 'Sarah Palin's Alaska'

1. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

TLC reportedly pulls plug on 'Sarah Palin's Alaska'
    Reality series averaged 3.2 million viewers per week

"Sarah Palin's Alaska" came under fire for her wildlife exploits, including caribou hunting and fishing too close to bears.
    Us Weekly
    updated 1/9/2011 3:15:25 PM ET 2011-01-09T20:15:25

Sunday's season finale of "Sarah Palin's Alaska" is said to be the show's last episode, Entertainment Weekly reports.

The former Alaska governor's TLC reality series — which premiered Nov. 14 — averaged 3.2 million viewers per week, with its first episode delivering the network's best-ever launch ratings.

Coming under fire for her wildlife exploits, including caribou hunting and fishing too close to bears, Palin's "Alaska" also showcased the politician's children and husband, Todd.

The Palin family also hosted Kate Gosselin and her brood of eight for an ill-fated camping trip shown on the series.

A Gosselin source tells UsMagazine.com that the reality mom had " zero chemistry " with the former governor while taping the buzzed-about episode in July.

"They didn't speak off camera," the insider adds. "Kate said the food and accommodations were terrible, and it was the worst trip she'd ever been on."

"Sarah Palin's Alaska" airs its two-hour finale Sunday at 8 p.m. ET on TLC.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/40990871/ … ?GT1=43001

I watched some of it and it didn't appear authentic to me...

2. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I watched a little of 2 episodes, and I thought the scenery was stunning. I didn't like the caribou "hunt." I'm a former hunter and have nothing against hunting, but it looked like a canned hunt to me.

3. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

What do the rest of you think?

4. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago

This means we'll have less Sarah Palin inflicted on us?

I'm cool with that.

1. habee profile image90
      habeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're not gonna cry, are you, Ron? lol

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, but only because they're cancelling my favorite late-night Cinemax show - Real Busty Dominatrices of Atlanta. sad

1. habee profile image90

Yep, that one's really gonna cut into my income. lol

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
            Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

On the plus side, I'll save a fortune on kleenex.

5. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Sounds like Sarah Palin can't escape her inappropriate use of "crosshairs" lol
    Her media star is sinking fast. Aw. Too bad.

6. Mighty Mom profile image91

Oh, Habee, as to your question about the show itself.
    I watched one episode and portions of a couple more.
    It seemed extremely contrived and did NOT show either Sarah or her family in a very good light (exception Todd -- he said nothing but looked good!)
    However, I must agree with you.
    Alaska is definitely a gorgeous state.

1. habee profile image90

I can agree with that, MM. I couldn't even get through an entire show!

1. Mikeydoes profile image75
        Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I watched the one with Kate plus 8. Thought it was great, compared to what I thought it was going to be. It wasn't up my alley from the start though, so I never really watched much of it. My mom loved it.

Funny it has little or nothing(from what I saw it had nothing to do with politics) to do with politics and democrats say the show sucks, thats hilarious to me. I'm sure Rebublicans would to the same, which is just dumb.

Shes a good looking girl with a great personality, not sure why everyone hates her.

Half the nation hates you for putting a D or an R next to your name, hence is a good reason why I will never be either.

7. Mighty Mom profile image91

Nobody hates her for being a good looking girl with a great personality. It's her political ideas (half-baked), her willful ignorance combined with self-aggrandizement (if not for McCain, who she stabbed in the back, no one outside of  Alaska would even know her name). That's why people hate her.
    If she was simply trying to be the Kate Gosselin of Alaska, that would be one thing. Unfortunately, she fancies herself a genuine prospect to govern this country.
    If her ego were only based on her looks, I could see it.
    But it's not. She believes her own hype.

1. Mikeydoes profile image75
      Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I guess I really don't pay attention to that type of stuff at all. Politics just make me sick and really ruin peoples' lives, so I honestly can't say you are wrong. I only listen to news that actually affects me.

I do feel that she is a very nice, misunderstood woman. Much like President Obama is. Politics will ruin your reputation, to at least to many people, that just doesn't seem right to me.

Just trying to give my opinion from the outside looking in.

working