jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

The Hobbit!!!!

1. WorldCup~2010 profile image60
    WorldCup~2010posted 6 years ago

I just found out that there is going to be a new Lord of the Rings movie!!The Hobbit is suppose to be released around December of 2011, and will be following the tale of Bilbo Baggins and his journey throughout Middle Earth. This is the journey before the fellowship forms and takes part on their epic journey to the heart of Middle Earth. This is a very exciting moment for LOTR fans, like me! I have been praying for there to be another film like LOTR to be out! I cant wait! What is your favorite LOTR movie?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mine is Return of the King, but i have to correct you on the release date, as 2011 was the original release date, but due to various production delays, it was pushed back to december of 2012.  sorry to spoil that for you. it's just that i did a lot of research late last year on films coming out in 2011, and sadly the Hobbit wasn't one of those films expected to be released this year. sorry.

WorldCup~2010posted 6 years ago in reply to this

aw man! haha thanks anyways about to release date... I was hoping it would be released in 2011 but I just found out that the cast will be in New Zealand for 14 months! thanks for the update and im really bummed, but oh well... now I have something to look forward to!

2. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

The Hobbit will make a great movie. I thought it the best of the Lord of the the Rings books.

3. profile image0
    Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago

I will not be wasting my time or money on The Hobbit. Jackson should be shot for treason for his trashing of the LOTR films.
    He has already desecrated The Hobbit by splitting it in to two films, and casting Orlando Bloom as Legolas Greenleaf, and Cate Blanchett as Galadriel.
    Any true Tolkienite knows that neither of these characters appear in The Hobbit.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

aw come on, the lord of the rings trilogy was great.  they not only made a s*** load of money, they also received a lot of critical praises from many established film critics.  Plus, it won various Academy Awards and nominations during it's run.  what more could you want?  smile sure, the movies may not have been as deep as the books, but what movie ever is better than the book it's based on?  come on. smile

WorldCup~2010posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah I totally agree with you steven! The Hobbit will be no let down and I think The Hobbit will live up to the LOTR expectations and its time they start working on a new one.

2. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What is Toby talking about?  When was The Hobbit split into two films?  If I recall correctly,  Legolas and Galadriel did appear in Bilbo's first journey.

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
        rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903624/

there will be 2 movies, Part 1 and Part 2.

1. profile image0
          Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, rebekahELLE.

2. profile image0
        Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Legolas does not appear in The Hobbit novel. Bilbo's party are captured by the elves of Mirkwood, but Legolas is never mentioned.
        Eventually, the travelers come to Rivendell and meet Elrond, but never venture to Lothlorien. The meet Elrond Halfelven, but not Lady Galadriel.

4. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

the 2nd film was the best of the 3, the 1st sucked and the 3rd dragged on to long! As long as they have the same cast it should be pretty good, dont go over 150 tho!!!

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I liked all three but I agree the third was a bit long in some scenes.  What I hated was the first Hobbit movie, the one which was partly animated.  Now that was awful.

working