jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)

Could Willow Smith Be the Next Great Singing Sensation?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago

For those of you who don't know who she is, she's the 10 yr old daughter of famous actor, Will Smith.  After signing a record deal with Jay Z, she's set to go on tour with her long time pal, Justin Beiber.  What are your thoughts on this?  Do you think she'll be the next new singing sensation?  Or will she die out before her popularity even begins?  Please Discuss.  By the way, here's a link for those who want to know more details about her.

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/crush/willow … hot/546?nc

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

...ha ha...."i whip my hair back and forth...whip it...whip it....whip it real hard...."

...i just can't take it seriously...and she's 10!  i'm sure the 10 year olds will like her....

3. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 5 years ago

she could be - if she ever learns to say anything other than "I whip my hair back and forth, I whip my hair back and forth, I whip...."

4. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

her parent, Will and Jada Smith were just criticized for "pimping" their kids out to make money at such early ages.

i tend to agree.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree too. No matter how talented they are, let them grow up first.

5. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

Her style and the song doesn't seem to show a lot of vocal range.  It's clear she can carry a tune. I hope she's taking voice lessons.  Her voice has a while to go before it can catch up with her presentation.  If she can improve her range and develop a style she might become more than a one-hit wonder.

6. onrea profile image60
    onreaposted 5 years ago

Sounds good to me.  When I was 10 years old, I only dreamed of doing what she's doing.  I'm sure every parent of child stars arent pimping them out.  It's not like Will or Jada need to money or attention lol

7. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 5 years ago

she'll do it!  if you'll notice the board behind her says "I will not be afraid to start BIG!"  hey, that's a great attitude!

8. 0
    Travis_S_Musicposted 5 years ago

I honestly doubt it. She's too young. Her voice will change when she gets older. And mega1 that sign is probably something done by her parents or the people she works for. Young kids don't usually get much say in how their music is done.

9. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago

Personally, I think her music sounds too much like a pop singer, and I agree with flightkeeper.  Unless she gets some voicing lessons along with trying to diverse her lyrics, she's not going to be anything more than a one hit wonder. 

However, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

10. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

o geez i hope sooo!!! (types as I whip my hair backnforth lol) I think she has a chance to make a mark look at what the rest of her family does.I dont think she'll do as well as her brother but then again jaden hasn't had women troubles yet lol

11. b4murray profile image61
    b4murrayposted 5 years ago

She may have success, but sorry 9 years old is too young to become a POP STAR. Even with a supportive and loving family.

12. Ellarose92 profile image59
    Ellarose92posted 5 years ago

She's to young but I wish her the best of luck and she sings way better then Justin beiber there's so many talented kids who sing way better then him he's 16 and has a movie?! Like that makes no sense I'm 18 and just started having a life in college but my work is no where done but besides that he can't sing lol