jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

MTV's Beavis and Butt-head to Return...oh goody

1. Stacie L profile image85
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

'Beavis and Butt-head" -- the show that celebrated the slacker way of life and helped make MTV into a network that did more than just play music videos -- is coming back.

The move to resurrect the hugely popular 1990s animated anti-heroes has been rumored for several days. But yesterday, sources at MTV confirmed that a new batch of "Beavis and Butt-head" episodes are in the works.

The new series would keep Beavis and Butt-head in their perpetual high-school state, but it would be updated so that the pals -- who obsessively watch music videos on a battered TV set -- could lob their snarky comments at more current targets like Lady Gaga.
    SCORE!: MTV is going back into the 'Beavis and Butt-head' business with the first newepisodes in13 years.
    SCORE!: MTV is going back into the "Beavis and Butt-head" business with the first newepisodes in13 years.

The show's minimalist animated style is also expected to remain intact.

The return of "Beavis and Butt-head" will be a backdoor means for MTV to return to showing music videos -- something the network was founded upon but abandoned in the last decade to make room for popular reality shows like "Laguna Beach," "The Hills" and "Jersey Shore."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/t … z1CvneyuzY

1. Stina Caxe profile image87
      Stina Caxeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am all for MTV actually showing videos again.. but Beavis and Butt-head? really?  Wow. 

And I thought it was sad that there's another Scream movie coming out!

2. Stevennix2001 profile image81
      Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'll watch it if Mike Judge is still involved.  If not, then I'll pass.  It sounds like a cheap gimmick if you ask me to bring back Beavis and Butt-Head just to use as an excuse to show more music videos on MTV..when...gasps....they should've never stopped showing them completely in the first place.  why does the mtv execs think their company is called music television?  just for kicks or what?

3. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They were silly and outrageous and nasty, but actually they were pretty tame compared to the nonsense that we got hammered with during the last few years.
      I hope they don't come back even worse.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image81
        Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't put it pass them.  If you look at the core demographic of who "Beavis and Butt-Head" appeal to, it's essentially the same audience that watches "South Park" and "Family Guy", so you know they'll probably make sure to update them to appeal to that same audience.  I could be wrong, but this is just an educated guess based on the target audience that the original show was aimed for.

2. Stacie L profile image85
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

you know the old saying..."everything old is new again.."smile

3. rockinjoe profile image85
    rockinjoeposted 6 years ago

that's pretty cool, beavis!

working