jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (22 posts)

Super Bowl Commercials 2011: Best and Worst

1. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

I was not all that impressed with this year's Super Bowl Commercial line-up.
    The Pug dog Doritos was OK, but my favorite was the Couple with the Pepsi. Especially when at the park bench.

BEST: Couple together having a Pepsi and another woman walks by and the man looks. Girlfriend throws Pepsi at him, but...hit the blonde. lol They run away.

WORST: Dorito- finger sucking and pants ripped off and sniffed! YUK!I thought that one was sickening.

1. readytoescape profile image60
      readytoescapeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Have to agree with the worst, it was a little creepy,

The funnest was Pepsi, and the one outlined above was a funny #2, but I think the best was the mechanical cooler that nailed the guy in the crotch.

Up for third was Rossanne getting hammered by the swinging log

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

I agree. Where were the Budweiser frogs?
    Even the Career Builder monkeys seemed tepid this year.

I give the top honors to Chevy and VW commercials.
    I'll see if I can get links to them.

Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I liked the kid as Darth Vader. That was cute.

3. Mighty Mom profile image91

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFFWGT_GzYo

Chevy Cruze/old folks home commercial

1. tony0724 profile image59
      tony0724posted 6 years ago in reply to this

That one was OK. I liked the bud light commercial that was based on that house building show. Where all he does is put some buds on the counter , it was pretty funny and that Chevy commercial was pretty funny too. Otherwise most of em were lame. Go Daddy needs to retire.

Oh my. GoDaddy using Joan Rivers as a sex symbol???????? Are they that desperate? lol

4. Mighty Mom profile image91
  5. Mighty Mom profile image91
  6. Mighty Mom profile image91

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55e-uHQna0

This Volkswagen ad is just great!

7. Mighty Mom profile image91

Yes, the Bud Light commercial was pretty good.
    The Stella Artois where the guy is singing and all the women in the audience start crying was cute, too.

Oh -- and let's not forget the new e-trade baby commercials.
    Did you see the pregame one where they had babies in suits that looked just like the commentators? Very, very cute!

Now that one I liked. But they needed a "Jimmy Johnson" baby.

I am heading out for the night. Has been a long day and need to do some research before bedtime for Super Bowl hub.

Wonder if anyone will do a SB Commercial hub?

8. kingis profile image80
    kingisposted 6 years ago

Michael, I will have a review of the Super Bowl ads coming this week.  Overall, I was disappointed with the lack of quality ads.  To me, the only winner tonight was Pepsi with the Pepsi Max commercials.  They were good.

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I liked the Bud Light with the catering dogs, funny. also I liked Career Builder with the monkeys and VW and little darthvadar.

9. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

I loved the Doritos one where the dog was being teased by the guy through the window, and then he knocked the guy over for the dorito.  that was funny as hell.  I just wished the dog would've been a weener dog instead, as it would remind me a lot of my dead dog itchy.  that would've been epic.  however, a pug dog was still just as cute and funny.  lol

Then my other favorite was the one where the car was captured by aliens, then sucked into a dimensional portal back during the mayan era.  that was a great commercial.

the one that disappointed me the most was captain america.  after all that waiting for a trailer, it didn't really show enough to get me interested in the film, and I wanted to see more of Red Skull.  Not a lame four or three seconds of his face to where if you blink, then you'll miss it.  No, I was hoping for a better shot of the Red Skull's face, and something more from the trailer.  Don't get me wrong, I still plan to see it.  I was just hoping for more from it. 

Overall, I thought the commercials were all great in their own way though. smile

10. melpor profile image91
    melporposted 6 years ago

I like the boy as Darth Vader trying to figure out why the force wasn't working.

11. nell79 profile image85
    nell79posted 6 years ago

I liked the darth vader kid one too. I also really liked the Chrysler:Imported from Detriot commercial.

12. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

the silverado as lassie was good, the little vader was cute, pepsi max hittin the guy in the nuts was funny, the look on the guys face when they revealed joan rivers was priceless.

13. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

the guy in the doritos add might have been on to cath a preditor lol

14. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I loved this 2003 SB commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFz1I6xTao8

And this is the BEST SB commercial of all time!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_MaJDK3VNE

15. profile image0
    Butterfly101posted 6 years ago

lol and love the animals

16. Kangaroo_Jase profile image83
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago

MM,

Thanks for listing these from YouTube, saves me having to hunt down and find them on there, since I didn't get to see the game this year on the tv.

working