jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Longing for Global Warming

1. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 5 years ago

I believe we should set aside a day in the near future, a National Day of Prayer and as a nation, offer up our fervent prayer for the hurried arrival of Global Warming!  I'm freezing.

1. 0
      Home Girlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

In Toronto -15C right now and rather windy. I want to go home but at home it is cold too. Well, at least I have a blanket at home.

2. kerryg profile image88
    kerrygposted 5 years ago

Ironically, I woke up to -8 F this morning, right in the middle of writing a hub discussing the possibility of a 9-11 degree warming across most of the continental US by 2100. Global warming sounded pretty good to me, too, for a few minutes there.

But you know what? +3 F is really not that much warmer than -8 F, and I've always been of the opinion that one can always put more layers on. There comes a point where it's not physically possible to take more off!

If the continental US saw warming of 9-11 degrees F, Kansas would average 120 days a year where the temperature was above 90 degrees. Temperatures of 122 F would not be unheard of. I live next door to Kansas and I'm of wimpy Northern European stock that melts when it gets above 85. So you can go ahead and pray for your global warming. I'll pass!

1. Stump Parrish profile image59
      Stump Parrishposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You want to see some action on the global warming front? Just wait until it gets hot enough that the majority of Americans have stripped down to their skivvies. Nothing will spark environmental action as quickly as seeing the majority of this country almost naked all at the same time. Even the die hard disbelievers will be signing up for cap and gown credits, oops, cap a trade.