jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Oscar Snubs of 2011

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago

Okay, I need your help here. As some of you may know, the oscars are just around the corner, and I have yet to release a oscar prediction hubs, as I still have a few more movies to review first.  However, while I'm putting that together, I would like to ask you all who do you think got snubbed this year when it came to being nominated for the academy award, and what category.

I already have a few that I know I'm going to put into my Oscar Prediction hubs, but I would like to include more if I could.  That's where you come in.  If your willing to list what film and who got snubbed in your mind for nominations, while stating valid reasons for it, then I'll gladly incorporate it into part 3 of the hub series; along with a link to your profile.  Take in mind, I'm only taking suggestions BEFORE the Oscars are announced, and any suggestions AFTER will be ignored.  Sure, you can still post on this forum after the awards, but I won't put your suggestion into the oscar hubs. 

Secondly, I would like to tell you that please be reasonable with your suggestions.  Don't suggest a film like "Iron Man 2" should have gotten nominated for best picture and expect me to take that seriously.  Any suggestions like that will be ignored.  I'm sorry.  However, if you guys have any serious suggestions, then I'd be glad to take it into consideration.  By the way, the cut off date to participate will be February 23.  Any suggestions after that will be ignored.  Sorry.  Anyways, I hope you guys can help me out.  If not, then don't worry about it.  Besides, I already have plenty of snubs to list anyway.  I was just hoping to list more.  Thanks. big_smile

1. filmchick1987 profile image80
      filmchick1987posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Christopher Nolan getting snubbed for Best Director, and yet Inception is up for Best Picture!! What's up with that?

1. tony0724 profile image60
        tony0724posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I know that is strange. But Martin Scorcese had been snubbed for years and all he did was make one great movie after another. I have to say that I do not know how " The Town " did not get some type of recognition. It was a very good movie.

2. Stevennix2001 profile image82

great suggestions you guys. I'll definitely be sure to make a note of it. big_smile

3. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

most oscar winners have not been seen by the public, it happens once in awhile but not for the most part.

Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago in reply to this

oh i know. i was just asking which movie and person got snubbed for nominations in other hubber's opinions.  not for the winning part, as I doubt anyone could foresee that unless they're psychic or have some inside information.

4. Stevennix2001 profile image82

okay, now that i posted up the religious forum that i don't plan on caring about from here on out. lol it's time to bump up this forum in which i do care about.  lol  Anyways, anyone else have a suggestion?  big_smile

5. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

how about we make a new award show "the grouchy" for action and comedy movies it can be a gold statue of oscar the grouch!

that sounds like a great idea. maybe you and i should organize a hub like that for next year.  what do you think?

1. optimus grimlock profile image61
        optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago in reply to this

it could work

6. Cogerson profile image86
    Cogersonposted 5 years ago

Christopher Nolan is following the same path as Steven Spielberg.  Kid wonder did not get an Oscar nomination for Jaws...and when they finally started to nominated him they kept passing him over until Schindler's List....and now that the kid is older....he keeps winning.....so in a nutshell....when Nolan gets older they will recognize his awesome work

great choice. big_smile

7. kerryg profile image87
    kerrygposted 5 years ago

I really haven't seen enough movies this year to make any calls about snubs, but I did think it's a little weird that Hailee Steinfeld got nominated for best actress in a supporting role for "True Grit," given that Mattie Ross is the main character of the film! Maybe the Academy only paid attention to the movie's advertising and didn't actually watch it. tongue

lol Yeah, you might be right about that, as I tend to wonder what goes through their heads sometimes.

working