jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Lady Gaga's New Video Released! - Born this way

1. Iontach profile image88
    Iontachposted 5 years ago

Link for the Video:

Has anybody seen the video so far? Full of symbolism throughout but not necessarily representing anything bad. The symbolism seems to represent unity and balance.
    I'm loving it so far, slightly shocking but subtle at the same time.
    What do you guys think?

1. Julie2 profile image78
      Julie2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I could have done without the first 2 min.30sec. of the video but the rest is really nice. I really like the message she is conveying with her lyrics. I'm sure that you will get some that will write that its evil. Whatever! I am a monster myself so...

1. Iontach profile image88
        Iontachposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Of course people will say it's evil! lol, but yes if you take time to analyse the video and song and see the symbolism in her video, you see it's not evil, it's actually sending a good message.
        I know what you mean about the first part of the song, it can be a little off putting, but in all I love it.

It wasn't even the song, it's the f'ing narration at the beginning that freaks you out! LOL.

I get what she is trying to say though and I love her for it. My favorite song of hers is Bad Romance.

2. amandy816 profile image59
    amandy816posted 5 years ago

One of my favorite parts is when all of the monsters re on the floor & they look like they are bowing down obeying someone or something. like theyre being told exactly how to be, and who to be. Then in walks Lady Gaga, singing her words that soon set them free. She begins to dance, and they follow her.

In a later scene you see them dancing without her. .basically showing that she has freed them & she doesnt have to be there in order for them to rejoyce, she just gave them the courage.

In the next scene with her little monsters, they all join, hug, love, and respect one another for who they are. In that moment, they are all the same. Free.

Yes Yes Yes, you totally got it!

3. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 5 years ago

I saw this on youtube, and I was amazed that it has already received over 20 million hits! that's a hell of a lot for a song that just came out.

Some people are saying that it sounds a lot like Madonna's "Express yourself." I see that a little bit, but, it is obviously a totally different song. But, it is also a bit strange, and will take some getting used to. But, that is the same thing I said about Lady Gaga before I knew how great her music is.

Hope the rest of the CD is as good as the single.

4. 0
    Dandraposted 5 years ago

I think it's amazing. Now it's time to reverse my lobotomy.