jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

'Heart Attack Grill' spokesman dies at 29

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

well who would have thought that a 29 year old former wrestler that weighed 575 lbs would die from
    eating burgers  from the "Heart-attack Grill"?roll

PHOENIX — A 575-pound man who gained a measure of fame as spokesman for the Heart Attack Grill — a Phoenix-area restaurant that unabashedly touts its unhealthy, high-calorie menu — has died.

Friends of 29-year-old Blair River say he died Tuesday, possibly from contracting pneumonia after a bout with the flu.

I'm sorry he thought this was not a problem and defied any logic,eating and promoting this unhealthy lifestyle.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41899470/ … ?GT1=43001

1. manlypoetryman profile image72
      manlypoetrymanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wow...it is tragic for any young person to die...for any reason.
      Prayers to his family. RIP, Blair River

2. simeonvisser profile image88
    simeonvisserposted 5 years ago

Their menu is just asking for a quick death: http://www.heartattackgrill.com/Heart_A … /MENU.html

3. Jim Hunter profile image61
    Jim Hunterposted 5 years ago

"Friends of 29-year-old Blair River say he died Tuesday, possibly from contracting pneumonia after a bout with the flu."

I'm pretty sure you can't get the flu or pneumonia from eating a hamburger.

4. Bellamie profile image60
    Bellamieposted 5 years ago

A poor diet can lead to many physical problems which in turn can cause a person to catch colds, flu, pnemonia and bronchitis much easier than someone that follows a healthier diet.  It is a shame that there are sooooo many individuals that are obese because of eating the wrong foods. 
    It is a sad thing to see anyone die at any age, but much more heartbreaking when it's someone so young who might have had a lot to offer in society. 
    Condolences to all of those who loved him.

5. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

Meh it was his choice to eat like that. I have heard a lot of people saying that the Heart Attack Grill should be shut down, but isn't America about the freedom of choice?

I say let the people decide, most of the people who go there probably don't have it as part of their dietary staple, I know I like a fat filled cheese burger now and then. 

If enough people decide that they dont want to eat there then it will go out of business.