jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (28 posts)

titanic

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

In recent news, James Cameron has decided to re-release his "Titanic" film in 3-D this time in 2012.  Won't that be fun?  big_smile  What are you're thoughts?  good idea?  bad idea?  or just don't care?  please share your thoughts. big_smile

right now, im betting james cameron is saying..."I'M KING OF THE WORLD!"

1. lmfryett profile image60
      lmfryettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ok.  I liked Titanic, but do we really need it in 3D?  Come on!  Movie tickets are expensive enough these days without adding the cost of 3D.  Besides, I'm not a big 3D movie fan anyways.  They give me migraines and sometimes a little motion sick!  So many movies are in 3D anymore that those of of that have "issues" with seeing them are getting limited choices on what we can see!

Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I couldn't agree more.  I think the main reasons why all these films are being re-released in 3-D is because of the innovation of 3-D tvs and due to the success of "Avatar."  By re-releasing them in 3-D, they can can re-release the DVDs in 3-D to make even more money in addition to the box office numbers.  At least, that's what George Lucas claims when he made an announcement earlier to re-release his entire "Star Wars" movies in 3-D as well. 

However, I don't know why so many films need to be in 3-D anyway.  I mean it's great every once in a while, when taken in small doses.  However, if you constantly watch them, then they tend to hurt you're eyes after while.  At least for me anyways.

2. Cagsil profile image58
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Rehashing same movies. This is getting absurd. How dumb do they think the public is?

I mean, it's just getting pathetic. I haven't been in a movie theater in years and refuse to visit one for any movie. I wait for it to become available outside and then get it, and no I don't rent them or buy them. I download them.

Unbelievable. hmm

I couldn't agree more. I think it's getting kind of pathetic with the 3-D craze these days. I don't mind re-releases of films every once in a blue moon, but this is just sad to try and force people to pay a few extra bucks to see a film they've already seen.  Plus, I don't see why Cameron needs to have this film in 3-D, as it doesn't need it.  The story was already memorable to enough to stand on it's own without it.

I just hope this isn't a trend where they start re-releasing every old film in 3-D.  Who knows at the rate they're going, we might end up seeing the re-release of the original "Wizard of Oz" in 3-D.

1. Cagsil profile image58
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Better yet, watch out for the silent movies genre coming back, like Charlie Chaplin and making it 3-D. lol lol

lol I hope not.  Don't get me wrong, I like silent films.  However, if Hollywood does keep re-releasing films in 3-D like this, I think I'll just stop watching movies altogether, as this is getting ridiculous.  lol

cool

2. Hokey profile image61
      Hokeyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Download, Download, Download!!!! YAY!!!!!!

big_smile

I dont go to the movies either. Also I definately wouldnt go to see the same movie again and pay those crazy prices, deal with crowds, and all the other assorted craziness. Rehashing the same movies? Nope. No good. hmm

Nice to see we're on the same page. tongue

3. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

bumps

4. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

cool we get to see someones head crashing into the boat, wait they wont add blood. hmmm remake the movie from where they saw the iceberg, takeout the love storey, show bloody death and make it 90 minutes and you got a great movie!!!!

lol

5. camlo profile image83
    camloposted 6 years ago

A good idea to mark 100 years since the Titanic sank. It will be spectacular in 3D.

6. Ivorwen profile image82
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

I couldn't care less.  We tossed our copy of Titanic several years ago and have never missed it.

lol lol

7. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Oh Gawd.
    Does that mean Celine Dion's voice will also be in 3D?

1. Diki Bird profile image78
      Diki Birdposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol

2. camlo profile image83
      camloposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hopefully not - what a horrible thought ...

8. Bellamie profile image60
    Bellamieposted 6 years ago

We don't need this one in 3-D, unless they take out 75% of the "Jack! Jack! Jack!" and "Rose! Rose! Rose!"

9. andromida profile image76
    andromidaposted 6 years ago

Not a good idea at all.I would love to see a few more sequel of Avatar.

10. ChristineVianello profile image60
    ChristineVianelloposted 6 years ago

Um....this news just made my day. That is my favorite movie. Some hate it, but it is the best. smile

11. Tina Kachan profile image49
    Tina Kachanposted 6 years ago

Titanic was a hit, why can`t they just leave it at that..?

But nooooo...it`s either about making money or running out of ideas.

Besides, I cried like a baby watching Titanic. No need for repeating all that in 3D tongue

Yeah I don't disagree. "Titanic" is already a great film without the 3-D aspect to it.  I don't see why it would need it.  I mean "Back to the future" was re-released in theaters too I think sometime last year, but it wasn't released in 3-D, so what gives?  oh well, i guess cameron is starting to think too much like george lucas these days.

12. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Titanic is a personal favorite for me.....but even I don't care to see it in 3D.  It's just not necessary.

yeah, i agree with you there.

13. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

I will not watch it, as I know the ending. smile

14. KAYKAYKAYLA profile image60
    KAYKAYKAYLAposted 6 years ago

I totally agree with you I mean I don't get the whole 3D anyway. So, the whole Titanic thing in 3D is kind of pushing it,

working