jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Why are we aloud to only post once on a question?

1. Cre'lynn profile image61
    Cre'lynnposted 5 years ago

i believe hub pages should allow us to have full conversations... inistead to reply we have to edit our answer. which doesnt really work. and it would be nice to have actually conversations with the people on hubpages.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are allowed to have conversations in the forums-- or even in the comments section of most hubs.

2. Sally's Trove profile image99
      Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You've been here for five days and have written no Hubs. You may be missing the point of what this site is. If you are looking for an IM or chat experience, this is not the place.

Cre'lynnposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yeah i kno, its just kinda hard to find my way around this site, and i was asking people why it was tht way, and they said to write it on here.

3. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just checked your activity and you must hold the record for having the most questions removed by a moderator!
      This is a writing site, like Greek One almost says smile

Cre'lynnposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol yeah, i noticed that. guess i really dont have the hang of this  place yet.

4. Cagsil profile image84
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages and the Forums! smile

Hubpages has a preference that questions should be answered by writing hubs. If an answer can be managed in a small window space and not enough to write a hub, then answer the question within the question section.

There is no reason to reply to a question more than once, because the forums exist.

5. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think that is the exact reason that they don't allow it. Questions aren't geared towards ongoing conversations. They are for initiating responses, and possible topics for hubs. You can interact in the forums or in the comment section of your hubs.

2. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

exactly.. this is a dating site disguised as a writing site... get into the swing of things and meet some new sexy people! smile

3. Aya Katz profile image89
    Aya Katzposted 5 years ago

We're allowed to have conversations, as long as we whisper. We just must not do it aloud.

1. 0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 5 years ago in reply to this

like I told my daughter once when she was three and said "I like trees" over and over for nearly 20 minutes.  "honey, why don't you practice thinking in your head?"

4. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 5 years ago

May if you didn't say this aloud, you would have been allowed more attempts, who knows big_smile